Sign in to follow this  

Help me in Mac displaying-Giorgio Gnesda

I remember seeing the "WomderWoman" invisible plane whenever I forgot to convert the RBG tif back to the indexed format. I also noticed that Giorgio had saved his tif's in the RGB format. The repaints that I work on are saved in the Indexed format so visability will not be a problem. I'm primarily on PC :-grr . With the loooong load times on the Mac, it get frustrating trying to paint and waiting the 60+ seconds load time we go through, when on the PC, it loads in under 15 seconds! I'am using XP Pro and I don't like it. I much prefer MacOS 9 and X for working, but until the Mac version is sped up a lot, I'll be on the PC. As for your question on unpodding software, I've a program by Chris Wallace that I use to do my unpodding and repodding, but I had to use VPC, and now the PC to use it. I'am not sure if there is a Mac compatible utility that works with Fly! II.Pete

Matthew..........your next project perhaps????...........pleazeeeIm sure us Mac guys would be very grateful.regards John

Cool!!!I'll send you an e-mail.Cheers,Matt.

John,What..... you want a pod editor for the Mac???!! :-)I've just got the POD3 format from Colin, so I might be able to give it a go... it'll be useful for my learning process and help me get dex import sorted. I've also nearly got that util for making pbg's that you asked for.Cheers,Matthew.

Hi PeteJust letting you know that I've Unpodded several PODS, by using Fly's built in editor and its a doddle, anyone should be able to do it. I,ve not tried re-Podding yet , so i'll let you know how I get on.John

Dearests, next week end i want to try to give you an aircraft to try, to see this time we can solve your "trasparent" problem.A dear regardGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Hi Matt,I was'nt aware that you could UN-Pod the pod files in FLYII, via the Editor (and re-pod, although I've not tried this yet), so I thought MAC users could not gain access to the system/art files.However if you want to have ago at a utility for the MAC, could you come up with a re-podding utility that can be used from the desktop, like the old EPD tool.I just think it would make life alot easier if you could place all your amended files in ONE folder and convert the whole thing via YOUR utility, so you end up with a POD, ready to place into FLY's Aircraft folder. The main reason behind this MATT is because as people start to make amendments to various files, without re-podding the ART folder is going to become a nightmare (all the various changed files) required by the search pod.Thanks Johnp.s looking forward to trying out your PBG/PBM Utility tool.

Must of been fixed by the last update because that was a bone of contention with our Mac version. We could not use the editor to do any unpodding. Good to know that it's working.Pete

Guest Allan Jones

Pete,I suggested that he try putting the POD at the same file level as the Fly app. Someone here posted that info a long time ago as a workabout to the problem of the editor's inability to work with the heirachical file system. Not a fix, just a "crutch."Allan