Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Hi Guys / Allan

Is anyone aware of a utility that will allow us MAC guys to UNPOD and POD. Ive searched the forums and found a post on PODVIEW, but I can't find it anywhere in the library. (so i don't know if its PC or MAC based).If it is PC based (as they usually are) is there anyway it can be convereted for Mac use, because the way I see it if we cannot get into the POD files, then MAC development is history!.Thanks for any infoJohn

Guest Allan Jones

John,Hopefully someone with more experience with pods than I can jump in but here's what I understand:The built-in Mac editor is broken but not dead. You can't get into the heirachical file structure with the editor. WORKABOUT: To extract a pod, first, drag the pod file to the same file level as the app so it shows up in the editor's directory. Launch Fly and hold the ctrl key (I think). This launches the editor. One option is "extract pod." Select the pod you want. That should do it.As far as re-podding, I'm running on empty.Pete Sterling, can you help him?

What would we do without you!!.......Thanks Allan, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.John

Hi Allan,Just letting you know that I was able to UNpod, no problem, by using FLY's build in editor, so thanks for the info.Regards John

Guest Allan Jones

Wow! I got one right for a change! Did you do the "move to app level" thing?

Hi Allan.................the what app level thing???All I did is remove the POD file onto the FLY window, launch FLYII, holding down the CONTROL key and was presented by a list of script options, one of which was DO YOU WISH TO UNPOD ALL. So I select this option and a window came up asking me to select the POD file I wish to UNPOD, which I did.....closed FLY and there in a WoRLD folder were all the un-podded files (apart from the TIFFs which were in the ART folder)That was IT.....I just imported them straight into BBedit and saved them into a NEW folder and are ready for my changes.DO YOU THINK I DID SOMETHING WRONG????Thanks Allan for the guidance.

Guest Allan Jones

Nothing wrong. I was refering to moving the desired POD to the same file level as the Fly II App. Sounds like that's what you did. Glad to know it works!Thanks for your efforts to keep us Mac flyers in the air!

Guest nycflyer

In order to repod, you must create a response file from the pod that you extracted from. There is an option in the File Manager for this. Once you have the response file, you can add files to it, or remove files from it (the response file). It's just a text file listing the contained files of the pod.To repod, choose "build pod from response file", and select the response file. You will see some pod building options, choose the pod3 format for FlyII.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB