Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

WHY is it so quiet around here???

Im curious to know why this forum seems to have lost its appeal. There seems to be very little interest in development.There appears to be hardly any sharing of info or data between us.And even the FLY2k development and discussions seems to have dried up.WHY is this??are you waiting on Rich's patch for FLYII?do you feel rejected by TRI or APPLE for lack of support?or have you gone to pastures NEW because FLYII is un playable?Im interested in your views if you don't discuss such matters, then how do you expect to have them resolved.Regards John

John,I'd like to enjoy the same patched Fly! II that the PC guys enjoy right now but I can't because I have a Mac.I'd like to TerraScene my entire state for many to enjoy but I can't because I have a Mac.I'd like to try a few other aircraft in library like the TBM, or some from PMDG, but I can't because I have a Mac. I don't know when the patch will be available or what improvments it'll bring to us. Maybe when it does come, you'll see a little more activity in this forum...I hope. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Allan Jones

I have some of RichP's issues too. I'm waiting on THE patch, and for a way to use add-on planes with scripts--those currently unflyable on Macs. I'm not a developer so I don't run into issues that need posting as much as you do. I'd like to develop, but need more days in the week to do it! From a personal standpoint, I've been very busy this summer with things other than computer stuff. Two vacation trips, getting a daugther ready to go to college, and involvement with the local Civic Theater. Until the show started running last weekend, I was up past my bedtime every night at rehearsals and had only about 30 minutes at lunch to do my web board duties and Fly! the sim.Have people "walked"? --probably. But for every one who's turned from Fly and/or the Mac platform, there are more who have a renewed fervor to keep the sim alive.Because we have a small community and essentially no trolls, the nature of the forum has always been sporadic. I read the main forum as much as possible and see a renewed interest in keeping Fly airborne.Your presence here has helped stimulate activity and please know we all appreciate it. Don't get discouraged! You have lots of beta tester available for anything you do. We're just seeing the late summer doldrums right now. I'm active on an Apple web board that's normally very busy. Even it is slow right now--many of our foreign members take their vacations in August.

John,As you know, my main focus has been on repainting. Since the Mac has suffered for so long with subpar performance, I made the painful switch over to a PC. My ability to produce repaints has improved just with the speed increase on lauching the program on the PC that going back to the Mac in it's current state to paint would be painful. That all said, should the Mac version improve to the point where I can start using it again to paint, I'll be there.I had hoped that Giorio's B737 would lend itself as a platform for a paint tutorial but the rudder mapping issue would make painting, this particular aircraft for the novice, frustrating. The MD-82 on the other had has both a right and left had rudder texture so this may be a better choice. The only possible area of difficulty is in stitching the three seperate fuse sections together. I've found that cheat lines on the MD-82 won't match up for me. Logically it should, but I think there maybe a size difference between the fuse sections that prevent a perfect alignment.I've posted the first MD-82 repaint and over the next few repaints, I'll hone the master texture file so that the only adjustments necessary will be for window count and livery placement. I'll shoot the initial tutorial to you for your comment and we'll see if we can't stir up a little more interest.Pete

Hi John,Until the patch comes I can't see myself doing too much flying. I've been adding Pete's repaints to the hanger and hoping that the new aircraft will be useable like the others have stated. I read the general forum on a regular basis and scan the screenshot forum as well.My wife and I just had our first child in May so life and leisure time have changed quite a bit. Once things get back to normal I'm going to try my hand at making a few models.I'm hoping that one day I'll read the following in the General Forum - "hey all MAC simmers - check the Mac Forum for the latest Patch - it's better than the PC version and all of the aircarft are fully functional - even the PMDG models!!!" Dream, dream . . . . .. just dreaming . . . .Peter

Hi Peter....congratulations on the birth of your first.As for your dream....well they say that some dreams come true.......but if I was you......don't hold your breath and get some shut-eye it will be feed time before you know it.All the bestJohn

Guest Allan Jones

"Once things get back to normal....."Hey Peter,In my experience, that will take 18 to 22 years! :DCongratulations Dad!

Allan,. . .18-22 years. So if I stop simming now and start again in 20 years I'll expect to be able to smell the fuel when I do my pre-flight check, find a birds nest in the engine from waiting so long, be able to land a helicopter on my terrascened front lawn and pay only $59.95 - and one more thing, my ergonomic chair is connected to my Mac with only one USB cable to control the hydraulics for the complete flying experience.I'm just hoping my son will enjoy flight simming as much as I do.Thanks to you and John for the congrats!Peter

Guest ftessler

My wife and I just had our first child in May so life and leisure time have changed quite a bit. Once things get back to normal I'm going to try my hand at making a few models.This is what one ex-Apple CEO used to call a "paradigm shift." What used to be normal won't be now. But it's still great. Congratulations!-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator