Sign in to follow this  

Repainting on a Mac

I am new to this so please bear with me. I am trying to paint some new liverys for various aircraft in Fly II. I followed the instructions recived in regards to John Wimbush's post (Topic #83) regarding unpoding and poding. I have no problems unpoding using the editor, but when I try to repod from a response file, one of two things happens. Most often Fly II simply crashes to the desktop (error type 2). This happens both in OS 9 and OS X. The second possibility is that I get an alert message saying such and such a file cannot be opened, and Fly II crashes to the desktop. I have tried using the file manager to check to see if all of a pods files are on the local disk, and everything checks out OK. I even have this problem when I unpod, create a response file and try to repod without ever making any changes. Any advice would be helpful because I am a total novice.-Rob Egleston

The following link is to a B727-200 paint kit I did last year which includes instructions and tools for unpodding and repodding your repaint. The same tools and instuctions will work with any airplane.You will end up creating an .epd file which works as well as the .pod file in Fly!IIAny questions, drop me a linePetehttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?C...Misc&DLID=12128

Thanks for the repaint info Pete. For some reason all the Read Me's won't open with SimpleText. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Very strange. Try putting a .txt extension on the end of the readme or try MS Word. I'am doing a new tutorial on painting the 737 and I'll see about file formats before posting. I plan on make the tutorial a 2 parter with the first being based on the 727 tutorial and the second part demonstraiting the techniques I use by doing a repaint as an example. Should be done soon. Pete

Pete,Adding .txt did it. Thanks a bunch!Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS