Sign in to follow this  

FlyII, 10.2 and joystick problems

So now with 10.2, FlyII gives me a menu bar and seems quicker, but I can't get it to use my joystick (Cyborg 3D USB) for flight controls. The program sees the stick, and the buttons and hat switch work but nada on the axis. Help!!Vern

Guest ftessler

From what I can tell, this is a common problem with joysticks and yokes in 10.2 - buttons work fine, but axes are non-functional. As of now, I know of no workaround.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Hi Vern,Does your "Cyborg 3D USB" need the InputSprockets? :-hmmmAlbert Van Thournout :-wave (A Mac user from Belgium)http://users.skynet.be/avt/QS G4/DP800/1 GB RAMGeForce3 Video CardApple Cinema Display 22" LCDCH Flight Sim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Pro Throttle (w/Griffin iMate)Gravis Gamepad (w/Griffin iMate)

I have a similar problem. I shelved Fly! II after it ran so slowly in OS X a year ago, but it's much more promising now that I've added a Radeon 8500 and upgraded to 10.2. My Logitech Wingman 3D Extreme joystick is recognized, but the axis are off-kilter. The Calibrator program doesn't work in OS X, so I suspect I'm out of luck.I tried booting in 9 and running it there, but then it thinks my AGP Radeon board is in a PCI slot, and my PCI Rage 128 card is in my AGP slot and sends a slow picture to the wrong monitor. Funny that under OS X it does know which card and monitor is which.Rick

>I tried booting in 9 and running it there, but then it >thinks my AGP Radeon board is in a PCI slot, and my PCI Rage >128 card is in my AGP slot and sends a slow picture to the >wrong monitor. I think I solved the problem, at least partially. I needed to install the Radeon drivers in OS 9 (doh!), which is why Fly! thought it was a generic card. Without the drivers I got about one frame every 10 seconds (really). With the drivers installed and acceleration enabled, I got 5-10 fps. I rebooted with no extensions other than the ATI drivers and occasionally got up to 13 fps, only slightly better than under Jaguar. Given the comments here, I'd hoped that conservative settings and 800 MB of RAM would have yielded much better performance under 9.2.2--but at least I was able to calibrate the joystick.Rick