Sign in to follow this  

A couple of Questions

I downloaded a new sky from scenery. Where do I put that in FLY II and any special instructions on using it. Also how do I access it when in the gameI also downloaded something from scenery that will make the scenery better. Once again, Where do I put that in FLY II and any special instructions on using it. Also how do I access it when in the gameThanks for all the help guys!

Guest Allan Jones

Andy,Sky enhancers work this way: there's a file in Fly II's system folder named skies.ini. Move it someplace safe or rename it something like orig_skies.ini. Then rename the file you downloaded skies.ini. Put it in Fly's system folder. The next time you run Fly, the new sky file will control sky hies. No activation availble from within the program.Scenery files are simply dragged to the Scenry folder. Usually, each "package" is in its own folder for neatness. Each package will have at least one .pod file and a .scf file--both must be present to work. Load up the program and go to an airport you know is in the scenery area.Most developers of Fly add-ons are good about including documentation files. The instructions there will tell you where each file goes. The Fly file structure in Windows and Mac are the same.

Hopefuilly you'll be able to access this file. I can't find everything the files in the text folder he is speaking of!Boy do I owe you a Beer or a 10000!Andy

Guest Allan Jones

"Hopefully you'll be able to access this file."Sorry, it opens in IE to show only gibberish.