Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Airport Scenery (Terra Models etc)

Hi Guys, If I'm correct in thinking that Terra Models is only for the PC?? ........Does anyone know of any airport scenery that does'nt require it. I'm looking for some airport scenery for FLYII, but everything I've come across requires Terra Models.Regards John

Guest Allan Jones

Good Morning John,Go for it. Terramodels installs as a .pod file in FlyII>Scenery>Shared. There are two choices of resolution (128 and 256) and these are part of the file names--tm128.pod and tm256.pod; you install which one you think works. I have it and it runs, but performance in TM'ed areas really falls through the floor on my 'puter. However, I haven't flown over any such areas since I bumped up the processor. Thanks for reminding me!It's Terrascene, a free-standing app, that only runs on Windoze.It's 7AM here in Idaho and, right now, the fresh pot of coffee that just finished perking has my full attention. Bye! :-outtaAllan:

Hi Allan......thanks for the Info, I'll try it out later...Hm! I can smell that coffee from here!.......looks like I'll have to make a pot and a fresh Blueberry muffin.....Hhmmmmm!Thanks Allan......have a good day

Hi Allan......having just downloaded the TMs2 Models, Ive noticed its Zipped as an exe file. How do I gain access to its POD file??I'm not sure what to do with a exe file (I thought this was for PC's)....any ideas....anyoneThanks for your HelpJohn

Guest nycflyer

John,Here is the link for the terramodels texture pods:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=13177These will unzip to TM21_128.pod and TM21__256.pod.I would probably suggest the 128 pod, but try each out to see if you can handle the 256 pod.These pods are not platform specific, but the TM app is. I successfully used TM with Virtual PC on my G4 for a while, so I know that works.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB