Sign in to follow this  

New User to Fly 2

I am a new user and was wanting to get Fly 2 up and running on my eMac.I have 640 megs of ram and a Saitek joystick. OS 10.2.1When I launch, I get the splash window and then it instantly says"The application "Fly 2" has unexpectadly quit"I am assuming that I need to get some patches etc.There seems to be a bunch and I din't exactly know where to start.Could someone point me in the direction of a Mac friendly up to date way of upgrading Fly 2?I honestly don't know which patches and updates and in which order.Thanks very much.Grant W

Guest ftessler

Welcome!The only patch currently available for Fly! II on the Mac is at:http://www.ina-support.com/faq/fly2downloads_mac.aspThis should allow you to run Fly! II under OS X. People have reported varying success getting joysticks and other "flyable" input devices, however.Hope this helps.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Hi Grant,I have a Saitek "Cyborg 3D gold" USB on my iMac, unfortunately I can't use it with OSX, although it works very well under OS9.It seeems that no drivers are to be developped for us by Saitek... :-(CheersAzzurro

I know. I installed the patch and was able to get fly going on my eMac.My cyborg JS was recognized and I was able to set limits etc.Once I got back into the plane though all function had ceased.Weird

Guest Allan Jones

In limited tests, I got the best rates on my daughter's eMac 700 by booting into OS 9 before launching Fly II. Best performance I've seen, although I wasn't able to evaluate input devices as we have only ABD joysticks at this time.I posted the eMac results in late August or early September if you'd like to review it.