Sign in to follow this  

SE England flyers come in PLEASE!!!!!

Guest danowat

Hi,I am in the process of building a scenery package called "Visual Flight SE England".The aim of this will be to greatly increase the experience of VFR flying over the south east of england, and also add some of the large amount of small airfields (mainly old WWII airfields that are now used as private fields).Part 1 Tibenham airfield & Pulham Maltings, is 85% complete and will be released in a week or so.Part 2 will be Norwich including the football stadium,the new millenium libary, the cathedral and other landmarksPart 3 will be Ipswich including the football stadium and other landmarksWhat I would like to know is, are there any area or buildings that people would like to see in a later part.Dan.

Some ideasThe piers at Brighton???The Royal pavilion in Brighton..Bognor Regis needs a tower block as from the downs its the only way you can recognise Bognor, and a small dome shaped building for Butlins Southcoast world. Some of the southcoast seaside towns could have piers . Porstmouth could do with some navy ships in the harbour and a ferry at sea around there for like cross channel sailings. A castle and cathedral at Arundel, A cathedral at Lancing near Shoreham Airport (looks almost the same as Arundel Cathedral) and also a power station chimney which is nearby which is ussed as a VFR reference for planes going there. Also a cathedral at Chichester as thats a prominent landmark. Im sure people from other areas can fill you in with things. I guess it just depends on how detailed you want to go.Just some quick thought on some things.Craig Kiltie

Guest danowat

Hi Craig,I would like to go as detailed as is possible whilst keeping framerates at a reasonably good level.I feel that microsoft has really let the UK down in its scenery (and also every other place that is not in the USA!!).I have taken your suggestions on board and will look into getting some reference material (unless of course you have some nice photos you could send me :))Thanks for your input.Dan.

>Part 2 will be Norwich including the football stadium,the >new millenium libary, the cathedral and other landmarks >What I would like to know is, are there any area or >buildings that people would like to see in a later part. my house :D

Being a Surrey boy...Guildford cathedral, Wisley Airfield (Vickers now disused test centre) and Brooklands (former home of Vickers - where Viscounts and VC10s were built) as well as the BAT Tower in Woking - good to see on an Ockham approach to Heathrow...Oh, and my house? About 4 DME sw of OCK.Rob

Hello Dan. I'm between Southampton and Winchester and the landmarks in this area which immediately spring to my mind are:Winchester and Salisbury cathederalsSouthampton docksNaval dockyard at Portsmouth (already suggested in this thread)Fawley oil refineryCheers, John.4m NW of EGHI.FS2002 on Intel PIII 733 MHz, 256MB with Intel 810e graphics

Hi DanI'm on the Isle of Wight which seem to be an covered with little tiny autogen houses and nothing else. They are spaced 1/4 mile apart so any form of social life is a little difficultBembridge Airport has little houses right across the airfield!Sandown Airport has little housed right across the grass runway!!Please can you also make the ferry between Portsmouth and Ryde run on time, and my house on the south coast. Thanks.Brave Capt Bob

Guest danowat

Well it looks like part 4 maybe some of the things asked for on the southcoast.I will try to gather some good reference material, but if anybody has anything that they could send me that would be great :)Cheers for the input guys.Dan.

DanThanks for that, here is the Isle of Wight, you may have to enlarge it to get the detail. <>Hope this helps!Brave Capt Bob

Great idea...good luck! But, the folks that produce the UK mesh are called Visual Flight, I think? Maybe I am being a bit dense, maybe you are they? If not you might want to think again about using that name. Just a thought.PH

Guest danowat

Never really thought of the name.This is in no way affiliated with VISUAL FLIGHT :) :)I suppose i will change it though!!Dan.