Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

TBM 700 Socata Problem / Hello from New Member

Guest product

Hello and happy holidays to all,I'm new to Fly2!, having had it up to my ears with Xplane glitches and wanting to try something more stable and visually realistic. Just getting my feet wet so far, but am generally impressed with Fly2. Anyway, my first specific problem... I'm trying to load the TBM 700 from the French development group, having seen that their Pipers are great. But when I try to select the aircraft, I get the error message "Subsytem is not registered (tbmf)" and the program quits. I've tried to load the three dll's in various places, thinking that was the problem, but no change. Anyone else run into this and know a fix? I'm running a dual processor G4 on OS10.2.Thanks!Joel

Guest Allan Jones

Welcome Joel!First, did you get the Mac-specific version of the Socata? This link should start the download: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=19126 If not, search the AVSIM FlyII Aircraft library for "socata" and it will turn up.Most aircraft are cross-platform and don't need a separate Mac version. ROTW did the right thing to let us have the same experience as the peecee Fly!ers. Typically, if you get the "subsystem not registered" error, it means the airplane model has PC modules and won't play well with Macs. Not a common problem, fortunately.If you have the Mac version, the path for the .dll files should be:FlyII>Modules>Mac>(modules go here).The modules should display proper Mac icons (not generic) and be labeled: TBM Fuel Temp.dll, TBM Torque Gauge.dll, and TBMInertialSeparator.dll.If you haven't downloaded the 240 patch from the library, your joystick will not work under OSX. Some on us have seen better rates by booting into OS9 and then launching Fly--try it both ways and decide which is best on your computer.Again, welcome. This is the place for unofficial tech support and it's a great community.

Guest product

Thanks Allan,Thanks for the reply and warm welcome! I did get the Mac version and that's exactly where I've tried to put the dll's, to no avail. tonight I'll try again from scratch, perhaps the file is corrupt or unstuffed corrupt.Good to hear that many planes are cross platform, I was looking through the Avsim files wondering if that was the case. Any recommendations on particular favorites I should try out? I already have the ROTW Pipers.Best,Joel

Guest Allan Jones

Joel,Look in your Aircraft folder and delete the history file GTMJ.HST before reinstalling the TMB. Are the dll icons generic or do they look "normal?"Also review this thread http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/1694.html for suggestions. I nearly forgot about it, but it has a couple of possible causes for the error. Make sure that you don't have a "doubled" folder.Consider posting a help request on the Main Fly board. The ROTW guys hang out there. They have always been willing to help (one is a Mac driver).As for other planes, I like the boeing 700 series. The 727, 737, and 747s are nice models, with a variety of liveries. Important: repaints rely on the original model being in your a/c folder. The readme file usually tells you which is the original.There is a file called pilatusfix that tunes the flight model of the "stock" PC-12. I recommend it highly. Another useful file adds GPS to the KingAir ("Aurora")The Long EZ is a hoot for short flights.I'll think some more and see if I come up with anything else.Regards,

Joel,In addition to what Allan previously mentioned, you might want to make sure that the "TBM Fuel Temp.dll" and "TBMInternalSeparator.dll" files have actually been unstuffed. ".bin" behind the file name indicates they're still compressed and will not function. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest product

Well, thanks for all the suggestions but unfortunately no change- keep getting the same error! Oh well, lots of other good planes to fly:-)Joel

Guest Allan Jones

Don't give up!! Post a message to the ROTW guys in the main Fly! forum.

Guest product

I'll try that tonight Allan, thanks!Joel

Hi Joel,Did you get any answer on this problem as I have it too. It also occurs for me at start up time, every other start of Fly!II gives me the same alert panel on MacOS X. If I then try again it starts fine. It started happening after I added the patch.Thank you,

Guest product

Hello,No answer unfortunately. someone from the ROTW team was supposed to contact me but I have not heard from anyone yet.Best,Joel