Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

"Squeezed" Screen on Flat Panel

Guest product

Hello All,I noticed something that may or may not be a problem, but thought I would ask. I'm using the Apple 17" flat panel, which runs natively at a resolution of 1280x1024. Fly2 automatically switches the screen to its native 1024x768 when it starts up.The guages on all the panels are slightly "squished", ellipses rather than circles (a bit taller than they are wide). I first thought this might be intentional, a bit of perspective or something, but then I looked at the pics in the manual and all guages seem perfectly round. The startup screen "fuel" guage is also like this. Makes no difference if I switch the res to 1024x768 before starting up.Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a fix? best,joel

Guest Allan Jones

I take it you don't have video geometry problems with other programs?Try toggling into windowed mode by doing Command+Return. See if the squeeze effect changes when you toggle. I'll look into this more tomorrow--too sleepy to think right now!

Guest product

Yes, the squeezed effect disappears in window mode- all guages perfectly round then. And no video geometry probs with other programs. Could it have anything to do with "cockpit" menu settings? There seem to be some options like "force full screen" selected, but even if then I would think any effect there would should in window mode, too.Thanks for any assistance!Joel

Guest product

I think I may have found a solution, albiet not perfect- seems that setting the screen resolution to 1024x820 creates the right display proportion at almost full screen in window mode- has a bit of a border at the top and bottom that way though. May be something particular to the software's full screen mode and the display's resolution that causes the distortion.best,Joel