Sign in to follow this  

Fly! Ontario - Fly! 2k

Guys;As I was taking a trip down memory lane, I decided to re-partition my hard drive and add a part for classc... Consequentially, I found myself installing Fly! 2k again. Boy, is that a good sim.Anyway, as I updated my scenery again, I remembered that the Fly1 Ontario scenery needed a patch to be able to use it. As I looked through the AVSIM file library, I wasn't able to find it.Does anybody out there know where I could find it, or perhaps email it to me? Thanks a lot;

William,Try emailing Fly! Ontario direct - I know Dan Martin is a member of FLY! Ontario and frequents the PC forums - they've been very helpful in the past. If that doesn't work I'll check my achives for you.Peter

Peter,Thanks for your help. I tried the Fly! Ontario web page for their emails, but both their emails bounced. I'll go check the PC forum to see if they've updated their emails.

William, check your email. If the link doesn't work for Dan, I'll start sorting through my archived CD's for you.Peter

Peter,thanks for the link, but it didn't work. I got a mailer deamon message instead of a reply. If you think you have the patch in your CD's, i'd really appreciate it if you could check that out for me. If you can't find it or don't have time it's ok. I can steer clear of Ontario while I sort this thing out.Thanks,

William,Sorry about the link. I'll check my achives later today.Peter

Hi William,I finally had a chance to check my files and decided to re-install FLY!2K with the Ontario scenery. I've tried a few places and so far no computer crashes or errors. Is there a particular airport I should try?If everything checks out okay then I'll burn a CD for you with all of the FLY! Ontario files I'm using.Peter

Peter;thanks a lot for the continuous help you've been giving me, I really appreciate it. Try flying out of CYYZ, I think that's Toronto. My Fly! won't even let me finish loading before it crashes.Regarding the CD, i don't think you should really bother, since I live down here in Venezuela, so it's pretty hard to get things shipped from the US. Especially now with all the political turmoil and the general strike. If the files you have are the original downloads, then I wouldn't mind downloading them again... What I remember the Fly! Ontario team told me was that there was some sort of problem with moving (non-static) models.I think the problem could be in the TorontoModels.EPD and the SCF file. I really don't know much about Fly'! 2k programming, so I'm not sure.

Hi William,Back when the scenery was released I had some help from Jim Kanold and was beta testing a few fixes for the MAC. It has been awhile but I believe he was able to find which animated model was the problem and removed them. I think the files I have are the ones he fixed.Here's a list of the files I have with the creation dates and file size.I'm able to take-off from Pearson International (CYYZ) with out any problems (Toronto skyline is visible in the distance).Toronto.epd Apr. 23, 2001 5:13pm 25.7MbToronto.scf Apr. 23, 2001 5:14pm 4kTorontoMDL.epd Apr. 20, 2001 9:03pm 15.1MbNiagaraMDL.epd Apr. 20, 2001 8MbNiagara.scf Apr. 9, 2001 4kNiagara.epd Mar. 6, 2001 33.9MbCenont.epd Mar. 6, 2001 67MbCenont.scf Apr. 9, 2001 4kCenontMDL.epd Apr. 4, 2001 10.8MbIf they don't match up then we'll have to figure out a way to get you the files. I'm in Ottawa, Canada (CYOW) so the cost of sending a CD to Venezuela shouldn't be too bad.Cheers,Peter

Peter,The only file that I found that doesn't match up with your is the Toronto.epdYou'r file:Toronto.epd Apr. 23, 2001 5:13pm 25.7MbMy file:Toronto.epd Mar 6, 2001 1:23 pm 67.8 MbThere's obviously a big difference in the file size! The one you have was also created later, so I have a feeling that this is the offending file.The problem is, to get things shipped here, you have to send them via an international courier, like FedEx or UPS. Otherwise, they won't get here for months, if we're lucky.Do you have any suggestions?

A tiny file, Voffb.bin ( 4 kb) goes into your a folder named "Models", that you can create in your main Fly! 2K folder. It allows you to fly into Toronto (where I live, by the way) without Fly! 2K crashing. I will post it at http://homepage.mac.com/mprazoff/ in my public folder. Let me know if it solves your problem - the FlyOntario scenery is great.Regards, Mark Prazoff

Hi William,If Mark's file fixes your problem then great! - otherwise I have an account with Fedex and I'll send the file to you. If you haven't already done so, perhaps we could share some of the cost by you donating something to the Rich Harvey Scholarship Fund. You can email me your home address by using the email icon in the forum.Hopefully Mark's file works so that you can experience the whole scenery in all of its glory.Cheers,Peter

Guys!This finally cracked it. The file worked, and the scenery works like a charm!Mark, I can't thank you enough for saving Peter the effort of having to ship me a CD. I really appreciate it.Peter, thanks so much for your continous support. It took a while, but some way or another, we finally got my problem fixed. Thanks so much!