Sign in to follow this  

Help Please - Fly! II Graphics Problem

I got an 800Mhz iMac Flat Panel a few months ago. My problem is that I'm getting unusable frame rates. In the cockpit the FPS never reads above or below 4.0fps. My guess is that the lowest the framerate it will show is 4.0 because I'm getting real frame rates around 2fps. Plus the sky looks very pixelated. It's almost as if the software isn't recognizing my GeForce2 video card although the startup splash shows it correctly. I've tried reinstalling to no avail. I've also installed the 240 patch.Another issue I have is that I can't seem to bring up the pull down menus from the top of the screen. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running 10.1.5 of the OS X.Thanks in advance for the suggestions.DJ14

Guest ftessler

I can't explain the frame rates you're getting. It's been awhile since I ran Fly! II under 10.1.X, but I'm certain my rates were higher.In any case, I've gotten much better results with Jaguar (now up to 10.2.3), which was a major improvement all around. If you use OS X day-to-day, I highly recommend it.Another approach would be to run Fly! II under OS 9. It's a bit of a pain to re-boot (you can't run Fly! in OS X's Classic mode), but you'll get the best possible performance. Hope this helps.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest product

Hi,Youve got a pretty simple problem- Fly 2 won't run on 10.1.5 - specifically says that on my box. It's a good excuse to move up to 10.2- you won't be sorry!joel

Thanks for the responses. It doesn't say 10.1.5 won't work on my box. Like you said, I guess it's one more reason to upgrade to Jaguar.DJ14