Sign in to follow this  

Fly II on I-Mac

Good evening everybody,I have an I-Mac (no flat screen) 600Mhz with 384Mo RAM, ...I would know if someone can make a fluid flight on Fly II with that kind of computer, my flight are all slow, with a lot of stop ... I try to increase the virtual memory ... to make a specific extention folder ...Could someone give me the secret if ther is one :-)Thanks to all and sorry for my poor englishPhilippe

Guest Allan Jones

Phillipe,No secrets, but some suggestions. First, turn off virtual memory--you have enough physical RAM to run Fly II without it. VM will make the sim much less fluid. Make sure there are no background programs running. Fax extensions are notorious for causing stutters. Run in 32 bit color; 16 bit color doesn't improve frame rates and looks ugly.In the startup graphics screen, select 640x480 or 800x600. 1024x768 is pretty hard on a 16MB video card. After the program is running, go to Options>Graphics and set Max Visibility to 25 miles or less. Turn off Environmental mapping. Set Aircraft Only shadows.If you are running OSX.2 (Jaguar), trying booting into OS9 and then running Fly. I saw fluid rates that way on an Emac 700.We are all struggling with frame rates, especially in the cockpit. These tips will help minimize the frustration. No apologies needed for you English--looks great to me, considering I don't have a second language :DRegards,