Sign in to follow this  

Fly! II Patch (240) and joysticks.

Hi everyone!Does the new mac patch allow joystick usage?Thanks guys!-matt

Guest ftessler

Matt,Yes, it does, but it's not perfect. My yoke works much better with the patch, although the program doesn't seem to recognize all the hat switch positions. I haven't tried USB Overdrive (the shareware USB driver) yet, however - it now supports most input devices, so I suppose it could help.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Matt,I am using the Logitech Wingman Extreme running under OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.1.2 all works well except the slider and hat switch. I used the 2&3 buttons for the throttle.Mike

My Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold works fine with Fly II in OS 9. In OS X, each axis is shifted, and off centered. I just tried USB overdrive, but it makes the situation even worse; the game doesn't even recognise the joy stick. Until someone finds a fix, I 'll have to keeping flying in OS 9. regards,Mark

Mark,What kind of framerates are you gettingin each of the respective OS's?Thanks,Jim

My frame rates are reminiscent of Fly! 2K on my old beige G3 266. With Fly II in OS 9, on a 15" FP iMac G4 800, I get 9-12 fps taking off, 10-14 clear of the airport, either viewing the plane or the cockpit. With the cockpit off, forward view, no significant scenery, (the best case scenario) I get about 19-24 fps. Basically usable, but not breathtaking. In OS X (10.2.4), I get about 1 or 2 fps less than OS 9. Usable but a bit slow. Mind you this is a great improvement on the early Fly II betas where movement (on a G3 500) just didn't happen. Hope that is helpful.Mark