Sign in to follow this  

Corsair/Crucial 2700DDR Memory...

Whats better Corsair or Crucial 2700DDR333 CAS 2 memory?I've also been told that Corsair memory is unstable, anyone found this?CheersWill

Guest PaulL01

>Whats better Corsair or Crucial 2700DDR333 CAS 2 memory? >>I've also been told that Corsair memory is unstable, anyone >found this? >No, Corsair XMS2700 is even recommended by Corsair for PC users with Overclocking/gaming in mind, Crucial on the other hand states that "overclocking will void the warranty" and as tested by many sites the Corsair proves to be very stable, you might want to do a search and read up on it.I have been running mine at 340Mhz and at CAS 2 with no problems.Paul

Hey PaulThanks for the info earlier on the GF3.I have another question for you regarding this DDR ram if you don't mind. :-)I am planning an upgrade to XP1900 or 2000 and figure on a new ASUS 333 mbo. I will have to get new banks of ram as I currently have 768mb of SDRAM 133. How much mb of the new do you think I'll need to see the same performance I had with the 768 ?Also is there really that much differance between the OEM and the brand name stuff like Crucial. Here in Canada there's a big $100 differance in price.SteveCYYZ

Paul knows his stuff...I also run it and it can handle a lot of abuse!!!! Its not cheap...but hey who is counting pennies right....I finally had to build a box JUST for FS2002! Yes never thought I would do that but I did...!RegardsTony

Guest PaulL01

>Hey Paul >Thanks for the info earlier on the GF3. >>I have another question for you regarding this DDR ram if >you don't mind. :-) >>I am planning an upgrade to XP1900 or 2000 and figure on a >new ASUS 333 mbo. I will have to get new banks of ram as I >currently have 768mb of SDRAM 133. How much mb of the new do >you think I'll need to see the same performance I had with >the 768 ? >>Also is there really that much differance between the OEM >and the brand name stuff like Crucial. Here in Canada >there's a big $100 differance in price. >>Steve >CYYZ Hi Steve,You would be suprised, just a stick of 512 XMS2700/XMS3000 will blow the SDRAM away completely, I mean I do a fair amount of graphic and 3D work all at the same time I am running FS2k2, of course the best thing you can do if want to run some real demanding scenery and AC in FS2k2 is to re-boot and fly and flying some of the most demanding scenery and AC 512 does just fine you plainly just wont see ANY differance with more as long as FS2k2 is the only thing you have running.I am using Corsair XMS2700 and would have followed Elronds Advice and gotton the XMS3000 but it would have been back ordered and I couldn't wait.Let us know how it goes. :)Paul

Steve,I have an Asus A7V333 and are running Corsair XMS3000 and it.. well R O C K S Corsair is the RAM to buy, lifetime warrenty, quality and the XMS comes with heat spreaders which is another reason to buy it. ;-)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Where can i buy a module of 512MB of Corsair 2700DDR ram from?www.tekheads.co.uk are selling Corsair memory but only in 256MB modules (from what i've seen).Do u advise getting one of 512 or 2 of 256?CheersWill

Guest PaulL01

>Where can i buy a module of 512MB of Corsair 2700DDR ram >from? >>www.tekheads.co.uk are selling Corsair memory but only in >256MB modules (from what i've seen). >>Do u advise getting one of 512 or 2 of 256? >>Cheers >>>Will A 256 stick is faster than a 512 but a 512 stick is faster than 2x 256 sticks.Paul

Thanks for that info. Are you using 2 modules of 256 or just one of 512?If one of 512 where were you able to buy it from ?Will

Guest PaulL01

>Thanks for that info. Are you using 2 modules of 256 or just >one of 512? >>If one of 512 where were you able to buy it from ? >>>Will I am using just one 512mb stick of Corsair XMS2700, I got through a local store (jncs.com) for $194 but you should do much better online, try pricewatch.com or just go to Corsair.com and they will point you in the right direction.Paul