Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Help! Please! I beg of anyone who will...

Guest spenik

Hello, I have allready posted this before but I have recived no answer since 3/21/03. I Think it may be too long so hear is a shorter version.ANY answer will be apreciated, ever a ".. sorry, too bad" would let me know that sombody else cares!This may sound desperate but I am. I havent been able to fly since tuesday.Alright ( hear we go ), I down loaded the Globe.pod of the terminal reality site. I ran the inclosed .exe and the program quit while it was loading. I tried to re-launch, but it quit befor the set-up screen. I tossed the entire aplacation and re-installed ( I have done so about seven times by now...) but it still quit. I tried to install it in OS 9.2 and it works ( almost ) fine. Why?!

Guest ftessler

Hi.As I understand it, you're unable to run Fly! II at all under OS X and you can run it (with some problems) under OS 9.It's also my understanding that all you need to do to run Fly! II under OS 9 or OS X is:1) Install it straight from CD.2) Apply the latest patch (see Rich Harvey's "Fly! II Final Patch 2.50.240 Released!" post above for details on how to get it).You shouldn't have to install anything else unless you're installing third-party aircraft, scenery, and so on. If you've already done this and are still having problems, perhaps there's something else wrong with your hardware or system software.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest spenik

I installed strait from the CD and It still won't run.Can I Install the 240 patch without opening the aplicaition? I have the patch and It opens the program but still quits.If it is a Sytem problem, what are the posoible ones?Would the globe.pod realy make that big of a change to make it quit like that?Thank you much, very much!!!!

Guest ftessler

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have the patch and It opens the program but still quits."The way to apply the patch is as follows:1. Unstuff the patch (.sit) file using Stuffit Expander. This will produce a folder named "FlyIIPatch240" on your hard drive.2. The folder contains several files and folders. Some of the folders contain other folders which contain more files, and so on. You have to locate every single file within the patch folder, even if the file is located several folders deep, and put it into the corresponding folder in your Fly! installation.For example, the FlyPatch240 folder contains a folder called sdk which contains a folder called Libraries which contains a file called FlySDK.lib. You need to take that file and move it into the corresponding folder in your Fly! installation. I know this sounds complex, but it's much easier to do than to explain.Let me know how it goes.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest spenik

It runs!!!! I can't belive it!!!!! IT RUNS!!!!!!!!Many,Many,Many, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ftessler

To be precise, it flies. :)Glad to help.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator