Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

Wayne Roberts' Scenery with dynamic vehicles

Guest Allan Jones

Has anyone had any luck getting these to work on the Mac, with or without the dynamics? I've used lots of Wayne's scenery before he added the dynamic bits. However, the packages that have dynamic vehicles seem to be Mac-unfriendly whether I enable the paths or not.I'm getting an error measage; however, the entire text block is black and unreadable. Gonna be hard to diagnose this way!Any tips would be appreciated. If we are all having problems, I'll contact Wayne to see if he has workabouts.

Allen,Just load the files that would normally be in scenery package without the dynamic vehicles. bgr, tms, & txp into the data file and POD & SCF into the scenery and forget the rest. This works for me.Mike

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks, Mike, I'll give it a try.The one that got me wondering was St. Louis Lambert. I was trying to duplicate a real commercial flight I made last week and kept getting a crash when I set the starting point as STL. Found out that I had attempted to install the TMSTL package once before but forgot to remove the scenerya.s11 file from the data folder when I uninstalled.Now I'll try again. The files in the package are:tmstl.podtmstl.scf (I know these go in the Scenery folder)scenerya.s11 (this file is supposed to go in the D191157 folder in the Data folder according to the readme--wouldn't work with it there)then there are three path (.pth( filesThat's all. I'll try just using the pod and scf files like normal scenery.Thanks again.

Guest Allan Jones

An update, Mike.I installed just the tmstl.pod and tmstl.scf files in the Scenery folder and it worked. Apparently, the scenerya.s11 file won't work without the .pth files, and the .pth files don't work on the Mac.Anyway, I can now see Lambert and that's all I ask. Thanks for the tips.

Guest Eagle

I have been concerned as to whether or not the dynamic vehicles work on a MAC and you good folk have answered my question.It is true that the scenery file needs to be placed in the FlyII/Data folder for the path files that move the vehicles to work. I don't understand the MAC and therefore don't know why your system will not read the scenery file.Perhaps you could put the problem you are having in the Fly forum and those on the beta team can review and come up with a solution. If it requires that I upload a PC and MAC version I am willing to do that.May I suggest that you install according to the READ_ME file and start the sim and describe or copy any error messages that you receive. This would help the beta team determine the problem and perhaps a work around.I do not visit this forum often but if you will post a message in the Fly forum I will get back in touch with you. You can also contact me by my email address.I would like to work with you in getting this to work, the vehicles add a lot to the scenery.

Guest Allan Jones

Wayne,Thanks for checking in here. I'm enjoying your airports very much; they add a lot to the Fly! experience.As near as I can tell, the presence of the scenerya.s11 file in the STL package caused a quit-to-desktop when I chose STL as the starting point. Unfortunately, the error message is unreadable. Fly!'s internal fonts are not completely happy on the Mac. When I started at STL but forgot that I had previously tried to install TMSTL (no pod or scf files, but forgot to remove the scenerya.s11 file from the data folder), I got a message in a shadowed font that I couldn't read very well, but it seemed to be an .acm file.Later, I reinstalled the package according to the readme (when in doubt, read the instructions!). Starting at STL again casued a quit-to-desktop, but this time the area where the error message should appear was a black box.I removed the pth file and the s11 file, running just with the pod and scf files for STL. That works fine but, of course, is static.I know that, in add-on aircraft, the dll has to be different for Mac and PC. The only aircraft that successfully pulled this off is the ROTW Socata. Maybe the same thing is going on with the .s11 file or the paths.The only Mac programmer here (I think) is Matthew Horridge. He's working with ROTW to convert the Mustang dlls to work on the Mac.I'm trying to find the AFD runway/taxiway diagram for Lewiston-Nez Perce County KLWS, in hopes of sweet-talking you into doing a rendition of my home base. I do the LWS>ALW run (about 100 miles) a lot and your ALW scenery is nice to see coming over the hill.Thanks again for jumping in, and for your excelent contributions to Fly.

Allan,Just to let you know, I have beta-tested Matthew Horridge'smarvelous .dlls for ROTW's P-51.I have not had ANY problem with them, but I don't know if theygot released to the general Mac FLY! II public.If you have any questions, just drop me a note.Best regards,Jim

Guest Eagle

Hi Allen:You indicate that a .acm file is not loading. Have you installed the 3 files indicated in the readme? One is for terramodels and the other two are the aircraft models used for dynamic vehicles. The .acm refer to the models that are used in the scenery. These are not dlls and should work for you.If you continue to have a problem getting the vehicles to move I will make a post and see if there is help available.I have the information for KLWS and will do the airport for you.

Guest Allan Jones

Wayne,SUCCESS! It turned out I had everything in the right place but the MOVINGMODELS.POD file from dynmodels.zip. Fixed it and Voila! moving planes on the Mac. No file conversions needed.It was interesting to note that the dynmodels.zip readme says:a) it hasn't been tested on a Mac (I'll email him).:( it requires Fly to be patched to .230I installed it on .216, the original Fly!II Mac release and it worked fine. I have a separate installation of .250--I'll test it this weekend.And many thanks for the offer to do LWS. Mike G had the airport facilities diagram.Thanks again, Wayne.

Guest Eagle

Great news, Allen. Hope all others who can't get the dynamic vehicles moving read this post.Should have your airport up this weekend.

Guest Allan Jones

I'll make it a new post for those who might not see this info in a long thread.Thanks again,