Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

Dynamic Scenery Working!

Guest Allan Jones

After corresponding with Wayne Roberts, it turned out that all my problems were caused by that loose nut in front of the keyboard--me.I had failed to properly install the file MOVINGVEHICLES.POD in the right spot. It's available by searching the library for dynmodels.zip.The bottom line is that NO conversions are needed to use Wayne's fine airports on the Mac. It a matter of "RTFI," for "read the __ instructions. Review the readme file that Wayne provides with all his scenery packages and make sure you have the required model files from other developers (like BIBERALL, dynmodels, and TM21) that he calls out. All are available in the AVSIM library.Thanks to Wayne for his contributions, and for my home airport KLWS, just uploaded this weekend!Have fun!

Guest Eagle

Allen, you were much to hard on yourself. I appreciate the fact that we could discuss getting the dynamic vehicles moving. I thought I had made a mistake and wanted to do whatever was necessary to get the vehicles moving on the MAC.It turns out that the dynamic vehicles will work on the MAC and that is a big relief.

Guest Allan Jones

Wayne,What texture slot handles the parking area patterns? I've noticed in later packages that I get a flashing of these textures--does not affect runways or taxiways. I have a wimpy video card (16MB) that I'm trying to upgrade and I suspect a better card will fix the problem. in the meantime, I probably need to raise the allocation of slots if you can tell me which one to adjust. I run in 32-bit color.To all: if anyone has a original Radeon Mac Edition PCI card (not the current 7000) that's cluttering up the house, I'd be interested in opening negotiations.

Guest Eagle

Hi Allen:If you look in the info.txt file at the bottom is a description of the Scenery Texture Slots Used. If you place those values in the render.ini it may help.I have also noticed the flashing that you are talking about. That happened when I was using grass textures. I no longer use the grass (the kind that is placed on the ground).Hope this helps.