Sign in to follow this  

TBM 700 Problem

Hello to all,I downloaded and installed the Mac. version of the Socata TBM 700 this morning. The aircraft opens just fine in OS 9.2.2, but when I open it in OS 10 .1.2 I get the following message"Subsystem is not registered (tbml)". Searching the sim archives I found post #912 1/1/03 from Joel with the same problem and a reply by Francois Jouaux 1/11/03 that he also had the same problem.On 1/11/03 Post # 921, Joel replied that he was waiting for an answer from the ROTW team. Was the answer/correction to this problem ever received?I have the 240 patch installed, searchpodFilesFirst set to0 and have not had any other problems with ROTW aircraft.Thank you,Mike

Hi I am running FLY!2 with System 9.1 and I also get the exact same problem. I dunno what I have installed wrong, but it doesn't work. Patrick Martin

Guest Allan Jones

Mike,Martin reported in another thread that ZIPIT corrupted the files. Have you tried a different decompressor? I used Stuffit 6 and my TBM works great.Lacking that, I can e-mail you my unstuffed dlls for the TBM. They are only 16k each so the three of them shouldn't clog the line.Now that I'm home, I can see where my TBM dll files are. The correct path is:Hard Drive>Fly!II>Modules>MacThe other Modules folder in Hard Drive>Fly!II>System>Modules>Mac should contain only the PyDLL.dll file.Having two Modules folders is confusing, so make sure you have the path right.I'm finally home after several weeks of travel with little access to a computer. Sorry about being out of touch. Should be home the rest of the summer.

Hi Allan and Mike,I have now fixed my TBM. I did as Allan did. I used Stuffit expander to unzip the files and then put the new DLLs into the folder as suggested. It works. I did have the dlls in the system modules, but I also tried the other folder. I think both versions had fallen to ZIPITs corruption. The TBM is now my favourite plane.Patrick MartinPS. Martin is my last name.

Guest Allan Jones

Great news, Patrick!It is an awesome plane. I probably use it more than any other.I'm glad that everything worked out. I e-mailed Mike the unstuffed dlls that I have; we'll see if that fixes his problem.

Hi,My name is Kent and I'm new to this forum. I'm having the same problem with the TBM and wondered if you could email those unstuffed dll files to me as well? I would greatly appreciate it.Kent Cerronekentc@one.net

Guest Allan Jones

Welcome, Kent!Check you mail.

Hi Allan,Could you send me those "unstuffed dll files" as well?Thanks a lot!E-mail: alb.vt@pandora.beAlbert Van Thournout :-wave (A Mac user from Belgium)

Guest Allan Jones

Albert,Mike Geizig mailed me yesterday that the dlls I send worked in OS9, but the Interial Separator file does not seem to work under X. Doing control-T in FlyII brings up the Task Manager. In 9, he sees all three dlls and the TBM works; in X, only two are shown as active and he gets the error you show. He's contacted ROTW and they are investigating.

Allan, I would like to add this inquiry to your message.Is any Mac user flying the TBM 700 under OS 10 and if so what version?Thanks, Mike

Hello,If I can second this request, has anyone ever managed to get the TBM 700 or the Mustang P51 running under Mac OS 10.2 and above?Both planes are giving me similar problems of "subsystem not registered..." when selected. If I reboot under MacOS9.2, they both run fine. This is a pity as they are two of the finest planes available for Fly!2 !-Francois

Guest Allan Jones

Since this thread started, I've installed 10.2.3 but have found no time to check on the TBM. I've yet to get Fly to launch in X. The error log seems to be pointing at the need for a USB joystick (I used an old ADB stick in OS9). I have a new stick, plus a USB card, but have set up neither, again, due to no time. I'm waiting on a connector that was missing from the joytick stick box--it's supposed to arrive in a few days.

Guest Allan Jones

Well, I finally got one of my Fly! II installations to run under X. Like others found, one of the three TBM dll files does not show up in Task Manager.

Hi Allan,Where do you find that "Task Manager"? :-hmmmThanks.Albert :-wave (A Mac user from Belgium)