Sign in to follow this  
Guest ftessler

Who's Still Around?

Guest ftessler

A recent thread in the General Fly! forum asked for a virtual show of hands. Activity here has been quite low for months, so I'd like to do the same for the Mac forum.In your response, please indicate:1. How often you visit this forum2. How often you use Fly!3. Which version you use (2k or II)4. If you use any other flight sim(s)Thanks.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest ftessler

I'll begin...1. How often you visit this forum - around 3 times a week2. How often you use Fly! - rarely (less than once a month)3. Which version you use (2k or II) - II4. If you use any other flight sim(s) - I have the most recent version of X-Plane, but haven't had much time to run it yet-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest ErikU

And I'll follow...1. How often you visit this forum -- several times most days2. How often you use Fly! -- a couple of times a week (planning to resume flight training in a few months)3. Which version you use (2k or II) -- II currently4. If you use any other flight sim(s) -- X-Plane 6 and 7 (though 7 doesn't run on my Titanium PowerBook but it does on my G4/500 upgraded MT w/ original Radeon Mac card), Warbirds, Falcon 4, Hornet.Erik

Guest jomar111

And I'll follow...1. How often you visit this forum -- several times most days2. How often you use Fly! -- every day at least 1 hour at most 3 hours3. Which version you use (2k or II) -- II currently4. If you use any other flight sim(s) -- TragetWare

Guest jermac

Hi Frank, I must admit switching completely to the X-Plane world, so here are my anwers:>1. How often you visit this forumonce every two weeks>>2. How often you use Fly!not anymore since Dec 2003>>3. Which version you use (2k or II)I used both versions>>4. If you use any other flight sim(s)X-Plane v7>With best regards,and good wishes for the new year,Jeroen W-------------------------G4/400 (AGP) 1,3 Gb RAMATI 9000 ProMac OS 10.2.8X-Plane v7

Guest pac

I'm a fly2 user, i play x-plane sometimesi use fly like an hour per dayand i visit this forum almost everydayPacG4 500

Guest farflyer

1. How often you visit this forumtwice a day2. How often you use Fly!daily for at lest one hour , summer about 3 hours3. Which version you use (2k or II)Fly 2 on an imacI have tried others, but feel that Fly gives me the best flight characteristics.

Guest jsippy

I still peek in once in a while, mostly just to have a look around.Work keeps me from doing much sim-flying these days. I am hoping to get things to calm down so I can enjoy my favourite passive pass-time again (my favourite active pass-time is Airsoft and sometimes paintball, if you must know)1. How often you visit this forum? - Hmmm, hard to say, I try to lookaround once a day or so.2. How often you use Fly!? - Haven't used Fly! much lately at all. I just can't squeeze much framerate out of it under my hardware and X.2 Maybe a new Radeon will help, or I may build a PeeCee to game and Fly! with.3. Which version you use (2k or II) - Last version I was using was II4. If you use any other flight sim(s) - When I do get the chance to sim, I have mostly been using X-Plane.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Guest ftessler

Hey, John.Why the "u" in favourite? (As an ex-Canadian, I just have to know!)-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Franklin,My Mom lost her long fight with Alzheimer's on Jan 8 so we've been in CO with little opportunity to peek in. Prior to that it was holiday travel. That said, here's where I am with Fly.1. How often do I visit the forum?A. I try to look in every day when at home, which hasn't been a lot the last month. In reality, it probably averages 4-5 days/week.2. How often do I use Fly?A. Since upgrading my computer to OSX and thus not being able to use my joystick, very seldom any more. I get decent performance and reliable joystick function if I boot into OS9, but I seldom use OS9 any more.3. Which version?A. When I do boot into OS9, I usually run II.4. Other sims?A. Bought X-Plane 7 a couple of months ago and am enjoying it. Other sims (Hornet Korea and Falcon 4) realy need an OS9 boot for best perfomance, so I seldom get to them either.Very sad that it's come to this. Fly II seems very rough compared to XP7 and even Fly2K.Kinda bummed,Allan

I am still around. I use Fly! 2K - Never got to fly 2I fly a few times a week until I got this new machine. I do not use any other flight sims at this time.Can anyone mace Fly 2k Recognize a readeon 8500 AGP?

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest jsippy

Half my family is Scottish, so I guess I have just seen it written that way a lot.Cheers---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Guest pckeppel

1. How often you visit this forumEvery couple weeks. Enough to lurk, but I rarely have time to contribute.2. How often you use Fly!I haven't used Fly in over a year, since I rebuilt my system to exclusively OSX right after 10.2.3. Which version you use (2k or II)2k. I have owned every single release of Fly, on both platforms, but 2K was the most stable for Mac. Fly II on Windows was strong, but that's not my primary box.4. If you use any other flight sim(s)X-plane 7. I probably get an hour in the air every couple weeks.-Peter Keppel

Guest ftessler

Hi, Pete.I also pretty much quit Fly!ing when I realized that Fly! II didn't run well under OS X. But, if I can do better on a dual G5 at some point, I'll get back to it.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest Cessna_Flyer

1. How often you visit this forumNot as much as I used to. I'd say maybe once a month or so. It just seems kinda empty without Rich here.2. How often you use Fly!Unfortunately, I haven't used Fly! in a long time. I've had a lot on my mind lately, and I haven't even been up in a real plane in a long time. That's a shame since I was almost finished with my flight training.3. Which version you use (2k or II)I still have Fly!2K. Best civilian sim I've ever owned! I recently bought a copy of Fly!II on eBay, but I can't play that until I upgrade my old iMac 400MHz. Fly!II is getting harder and harder to find--especially the Mac version. I bought this copy just in case I never saw one for sale again.4. If you use any other flight sim(s)F/A-18 Korea 1.2F/A-18 Hornet 3.1Falcon 4.0A-10 Attack!A-10 Cuba!Chuck Yeager's Air Combat <--talk about ancient!I still have some of my really old sims that I don't play anymore:Comanche MacF/A-18 Hornet 2.x <--doesn't even run Mac OS 9MSFS 4.0 Mac <--install floppies don't work on modern disk drivesMSFSFW95 via Virtual PCMSFS98 via Virtual PCMSFS2000 <--ran like a slideshow in VPC