Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Quick question about scenery

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Guys :-) Im just wondering about scenery development and the mac.As I dont have a mac Im wondering how you guys go on with my UK scenery, Or Waynes US scenery. Does it all work OK and can you use Terror Models? Or does it have to all be done with the Fly2 built in editor?Sorry if this all sounds silly but not being a mac user Im trying to find out these things as I have a few ideas floating around in my head. ;-) All the best you guys :-wave Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Guest ftessler

Hi, Steve.I don't have the specific answer to your question, as my Fly!ing is on hiatus these days. I'm posting because I didn't want you to think that you're being ignored and to thank you for thinking of us Mac users.Hopefully someone else will chime in.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Franklin :-wave Its no problem.I somehow thought that those with a Mac cannot use Terramodels, I dont know why I remember this ???? Or think it??? :-hmmm But anyway, I have made some custom woods and Buildings with Terramodels and thought it would be nice to upload these in a pod so then Mac guys or those that dont use Terramodels, will then be able to add some new things in the Fly! II editor :-) All one would then need is the texture pod.Im sure I will get the answer!All the very best to you allStevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Guest ErikU

Steve,I have a specific answer -- TerraModels scenery works fine. Though I haven't tried your scenery (yet), I've downloaded and successfully used the beautifully detailed series of New York scenery by Scott Cannizzaro on both my upgraded beige G3 minitower and my Titanium PowerBook.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...zaro&CatID=RootMy only problem with them is that he overlooked my home field -- MGJ -- that's just a few miles away from SWF.I've used Wayne's Syracuse (NY), Albany (NY), and Scranton (PA) with great results.I, too, thank you for thinking of the Mac user.Erik

Guest Steve Brown

Thankyou Erik.:-wave I have a few more things to finish, then I will upload a models pack made with Terrormodels buildings so you guys can add them to your own scenery through the inbuilt editor.When Im ready I would like a Beta tester or two.It will be in a week or so I think ;-) All the best, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Guest ErikU

Steve,I'd be happy to volunteer. I'll look for your post.But I'm not sure that the Mac scenery editor is up to the task... I don't think I've successfully added any models to scenery with the Mac version's built-in editor. I've usually resorted to building things on my office desktop PC, where I also have both Fly!2k and Fly! II installed (shhhh!). Perhaps others can confirm or deny...Erik

Guest nycflyer

Erik, Sorry I didn't get to MGJ. I started just doing airports that I had actually flown to, and MGJ wasn't one of them. Do you use my GA airport pack that has all the smaller NY area aiports? Albany is in that, do you see overly dense airport modeling with Wayne's installed as well?You can use Terramodels on a Mac using Virtual PC. It works fine, In fact I did all the early NY scenery stuff on my Mac before I built the PC for Fly!I did use the built in scenery editor as well on the Mac in conjunction with Terramodels. Just be sure to save the scenery.sXX files as DOS text files if you do any offline editing of them.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest ErikU

Scott,I absolutely use your GA airport pack. It's first and foremost in my installation. I've used Wayne's, but yours lives on my drive. I've gone the Virtual PC route for developing Fly! scenery on my Mac, but it's a little pokey, especially compared to my office desktop PC with a 21" monitor. Thanks for the Terramodels tip! I haven't ventured there yet.Erik