Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

^^^Uploading Soon^^^

Guest Allan Jones

Steve, That's awesome! Thanks for thinking of the Mac boys.Brief thoughts on Mac v. PC add-ons (based on your previous post):> Aircraft files are completely cross-platform unless the developer relies on dlls to extend functionality. PC dlls will not work on Macs. Period. Only ROTW has successfully built Mac dlls, for the Socata TBM. Even then, not everyone can get them to work. For me they work under OS9, but one of the three is bogus under OSX (latest OS) and the plane wil not load. Some models have the dlls disabled in the Mac version and that seems to work. Give me a pod file and no PC dlls and I can fly it.> Scenery files--I can't recall any cross-platform problems worth mentioning. They work fine as long as they are podded. I have a small visual problem with some of Wayne Roberts later packages. The parking areas flash. I first noted this when I had a paltry 16MB VRAM vidcard, but moving to a 32MB card made no difference. All other textures were was fine. I still owe Wayne some feedback on this.> Mac Fly 1/2K had no editing tools. Fly II Mac has them but they are "kludgey."> Mac pilots have never enjoyed good rates with Fly II compared to the PC. In Fly 1/2K, there was near-parity of rates between similar Mac and PC computers. Something in Fly II is very broken when even very hot Macs are only marginally better than old slugs like mine. When I upgraded my processor to a 60 percent faster one, every other OpenGL program I had, including the older Fly1/2K, showed a comensurate increase in frame rates. Fly II increased maybe 1-2 fps. Rich Harvey attributed it to part of Apple's implementation of OpenGL. He was working with Apple to reach a solution but, like Rich himself, that was sadly cut short.Thanks again!

Guest ftessler

Hi, Steve.Thanks for doing this.Your posts made me think: Steve Jobs has a Gulfstream V. It would be really cool to have one of these for Fly! II with G5 (as in the processor currently powering Apple's high-end desktops) logos. It would be the only aircraft with a full-time reality distortion field in addition to radar.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest ftessler

Steve,Which part did you get engrossed in? The G5 or the reality distortion field?-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator