Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Deb and RealityXP

Guest PhilC

I bit the bullet and bought the RealityXP stack. After copying the panelxp.cfg to the Deb panel folder and then renaming it, the radio stack appears to have some missing gauges and what is there appears a little distorted and squashed. The only thing that looks like RealityXP is the GPS. Any ideas?

Guest KenG

Did you read the README/manual that came with it regarding the RealityXP guages. There are things you need to do in order to get them to show up correctly. I didn't read it either and had the same result. Once I read the file, I made the changes and all was right.

Guest PhilC

Thanks Ken. I forgot about RTFM. However, I can not find a readme for the Deb besides the one that came with the panelxp.cfg file and I followed those instructions exactly. Could it be due to me having an earlier release? Can you email me the readme that you are talking about?

In your startup folder there is a folder called geofa-in it is the readme file.The only issue I have found-for some using the second instance of the xp radios causes another to be innoperative. The method stated in the readme works for some-for others using the single instance seems to work (in which case you have to removethe calls to flightline2 in the panel .cfg.If you can't get it to work-email me and I'll get you a panel.cfg if I know what you are dealing with.As for your missing radios-you are probably using the default installation which doesn't use the reality xp. You can also uninstall and reinstall with reality xp checked.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Geof: Kelly's symptoms mirror mine exactly, down to the missing gauges. I will try your readme, but also will try to reduce resolution, as you suggested (I'm at 1600 X 1200)Cheers,bt

Give this a try-open up your panel.cfg-find the part that refers to window 4. REplace it with this (brackets around window 04 if avsim window deletes it):[Window04]file=radio.bmp file_1024=radio.bmp size_mm=335,664window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=COLLECTIVE_PANELwindow_size= 0.325, 0.876window_pos= 0.675, 0.124gauge00=bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, -1,529,336,45gauge01=bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,572,336,41gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, -1,470,336,61gauge03=mx20gps!gps, 0,0,333,246gauge04=RealityXP_FlightLine2!Audio_FL15, 1,357,331,56gauge05=RealityXP_FlightLine2!NavCom_FL30, 4,414,329,57gauge06=RealityXP_FlightLine2!XPDR_FL70, 1,610,334,53gauge07=RealityXP_FlightLine!GPS_GL50, 1,247,330,105Let me know if it works.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest PhilC

Nope, didn't fix it for me. I think that is what it was anyway.

You are sure the panel.cfg entry doesn't say flightline2.gau which is different-that is what was in the patch.If that doesn't do it...Look in your gauge directory and see if you have Realityxy_Flightline.gau.If you do it doesn't make any sense-if it is being called in the panel.cfg and is in your gauge directory....The only other thing I can think is resolution-I designed the panel to run in 1280x1024-I know Braun says he is running it at 1600. Try reducing the resolution and see if they show up.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest PhilC

It appears that if you change all instances of RealityXP_FlightLine2 to RealityXP_FlightLine (remove the 2) in the above mentioned Window4 section of the panel.cfg, it gets the XP gauges back. I still have somewhat distorted ADF, DME and Comm Radio gauges but the XP gauges are there.

As per the original instructions -you need to make a copy of the flightline gauge-rename it to flightline2 and put it in the gauge folder. However, that was done before the 1.1 release-now with the 1.1 you can use a single instance of the gauge-which is why the reference to 2 now needs to be removed.The copilot panel is somewhat crunched-this seems to be a limit in fs-it does not allow a secondary window to be stretched to a bigger size. As the reality xp is a single comm I left the fs adf, 2nd comm, and dme in to duplicate the equipment on my plane. If you wanted you could removed these and just use the reality xp stack and stretch it bigger.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif