Sign in to follow this  
Guest jomar111

Fly! II searchPodFilesFirst=0 HELP!!

Guest jomar111

Hello all,I've posted this at the Fly General Discussion but since I'm using a Mac for this I have to ask here...Question:Has anybody had a problem with searchPodFilesFirst=0 at all? I had no problems with Fly 1 but all of a sudden I cant seem to get this...I was the creator of the poorly done created on a Mac plane Caravelle I wanted to get a good one going for Fly II. My main problem is, when I follow J Sebatiers tutorial to build an aircraft, I can't seem to get the aircraft to show up in the "select aircraft" dialog box! Its strange!Help is very much appreciated!Romanjomar111

Guest Allan Jones

Roman,I've been able to run add-ons with no problems. You might check your fly.ini file to see if you accidentally inserted an extra space when changing the 1 to 0. I've done that before!Macs cannot use a/c files that have PC dlls. However, the plane shows up in the menu; the program quits to desktop when you select the plane and go to the cockpit.Is the plane you're working on a conversion from a Fly!1/2k version?Allan-----

Guest jomar111

Hi Allan,no, I'm trying to create a brand new one created on Fly II with all the fixes I wanted to do for the first version:actual animated flaps, gear doors, cockpit and tons of inside viewsI wouldn't mind if you looked at the message I posted at the general discussion forum, if thats not an inconvenience. I'm stupified, stumped, at this problemmessage at fly general discussion:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...21531&mode=fullG4 1.25 ghtz 768megs RAM 64meg ATI 9500 MacOS X 10.2.8 & MacOS 9thank youromanjomar111

Guest Allan Jones

Roman,I read it but, having zero experience in a/c design, I'm not coming up with any good suggestions.Aother place to consider posting is in the Fly Developers' Forum--you're developing, and all the "heavy hitters" in design work hang out there.

Guest jomar111

hello all mac heads for Fly!I figured it out I appreciate all of the help given to me at the general discussion and actually i found someone with the same problem and I used his suggestion ( he as well was using Mac ) , i posted it on the general discussion, but I guess nobody there shares in my enthusiasm! =^( I just did a workaround for searchPodFilesFirst=0 and thats all. well pretty soon you'll be seeing a brand new bouncing baby caravelle!here is the link to my post in general discussion:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...21600&mode=fullromanjomar111