Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgabriel

Old PMDG aircraft (MAC)

Guest sgabriel

Greetings all.I have recently had to reinstall old reliable Fly 2k, in the process losing my old downloads. :-violinWould anyone be kind enough to e-mail me their old PMDG 757 & 767 for Mac?I'd very much appreciate that. Cheers.

Of course that would be a violation of the end user agreement! E-mail support@precisionmanuals.com with your purchase info(you did save it right?) and we'll see if we can help.

Guest sgabriel

Thanks for your response, Pete. Of course you're right, in principle. My problems are two:1. I no longer have the purchase info (lost in my crash) and..2. PMDG is not willing to sell to me, emphasizing (rather tersely, I thought) that both aircraft have been "out of production for at least two years."If you would, please suggest what I might do, without stepping on anyone's toes, to get these aircraft.Thanks.Scott GabrielMontreal

Guest ilove777

It seems to me that if PMDG is no longer producing OR supporting the old aircraft created for Fly! 2k then it shouldn't be an issue to copy and send the aircraft via a CD or emailing (if on a broadband connection).However, if PMDG has issues with that, then they should either:a) Offer the product on their website for purchase; or:( Offer continued support for these products.Since it appears neither of these will be happening since their timely departure from Fly! products, it seems that they are considred part of PD (Public Domain) and we are left to our own devices.If I am wrong, please PLEASE let me know.Scott -- are you on a broadband connection? Email me privately.John BauderFly! II PC Fly! 2K Mac & PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Guest jomar111

I for one hope you are right John, although I believe they are intellectual property that is copyrighted, such a product which was offered to be sold would be accompanied with a EULA which remains in effect in perpetuity unless the owners of the product change the EULA, although there are (and extremely rare, as they may be) gaps in the agreement. Some one would have to ask PMDG to change the EULA, but I'm no expert at his sorta stuff but I'm sure there are people who know the answer your questions. I have a lot of Attorney friends, maybe I can ask one of them although I expect nothing can be done with out express permission of PMDG. Sorry I couldn't help, but legal issues are my strong point!romanPS, nice repaint on the 747!http://fly.simvol.org/logoperso/roman.jpg