Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Is there a MAC user who...

... Is able to compile C++ for a DLL file that is being written for gauges being built for the Seawind panel? I am trying to keep the panel the same for everyone if possible. :-)I am also looking for a Beta tester with a MAC - I have a stock gauge panel made up in case no one is able to compile for our dll file.Many thanks in advance for the help/assist!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest ErikU

Ken,I'll volunteer for beta testing...I don't know what's required for compiling C++ for DLLs, though. I'm pretty sure I have a copy of CodeWarrior floating around somewhere. If that's what's needed and you have some information or directions, I'll give it a try.Erik

Hi Erik, Thanks so much for the assist! Once I am ready, I'll get in touch to get an email address from you.Best regards,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest spenik

Hello Ken! I don't know if you need any second opinions, but I wuld happily Beta test the Seawind! I can't say I get Screaming fram rates on my machine, but I can let you know if the rates are slow on less roubust computers.My sister knows a thing or two about C++. If I knew exactly what it is that you need, I could ask her if she knew how and if she would do it.Thanks Ken! Keep up the good work! ;-)

Will be happy to have you help in the beta testing for MAC - Thanks!For the C++ part, it would be taking source code and compiling it into a DLL file for Mac use for special gauges being created for the Seawind. Without the source being compiled into DLL, MAC users will have to settle for my stand-by panel using default gauges, which is something I really don't want them to have to do.Many thanks for your time in responding! Just be sure I get your full name for the Beta list... You can use my posted email under my profile if you wish.. ;-)Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest spenik

I have talked to my sister and she says she doesn't know how to compile DLLs. :-( But I think I might be able to figure it out using her C++ books. I will try.I will get an e-mail to you soon with my full name. ;-)See ya! Robert

Hi Rob, Got your email, thanks! Will be most grateful if you are able to figure out the compiling issue. This would work nicely, as you can see if the DLL actually works! I'll get in touch with our one programmer and see if he has anything I can send.Cheers and Best! Ken Wood :-sun1MeteorologistSeawind Project for Fly! IIhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest spenik

Bad news Ken :-( The compling is not going to be as simple as I thought. My sister is rathe busy so I can't say i will be able to gget it done. However, I will try. When you get the DLL, send it along and I will see what I can do. I probably will not be able to complie it.

Guest jomar111

damn,I wish i had my old compiler, I have had limited experience on C++ and if all you need is a compiled dll to be placed in the sdk/mac/ folder? I'm sure it is do-able, I'll offer my assistance but i haven't even tried to buy or use a C++ compiler in a long time! Maybe this could get my butt in gear to do some code work for the mac, lemme go research and I'll keep you guys posted. I will at least need help with someone familiar w/ dll files. Romanhttp://fly.simvol.org/logoperso/roman.jpg

Guest spenik

Many thanks Roman! ;-)I am glad some one who knows what he is doing will be able to help.And yes Do keep us posted!Robert

Hi Roman, Thanks for the offer of help! I will see if our PC programmer can come by the MAC forum here and see if he can offer any assistance. I myself know nothing about compiling into a DLL, though I will make the "assumption" it would be similar to compiling programs through LINUX. In this case, it would have to work on a MAC is all... ;-)Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest jomar111

Hi ken, Yes, it should be the same. I was putzing around my computer when I remembered apple offered Darwin so that OSX is open source, I have found a large amount of documentation and a fully comprehensive compiler! I have to learn to use it though, I wish I could get my hands on codewarrior but I don't have that kind of money. I've been pouring through soooo much liturature, but I need some assitance on how all this works! I've also looked into My old C. C++ books just to get back into the programming mindset. Well, lemme go back to the books and I'll see if i can implement this!romanhttp://fly.simvol.org/logoperso/roman.jpg