Sign in to follow this  

OK! HERE'S THE DEAL!!!!!!

It's my Birthday today..............I have gotten a green light to update the ole Pc.....Spec's now:P3 850Gigabyte M/B768 megs pc133PNY G/F2 pro 64meg DDRWin XP Homethe rest is bla bla blaI want to get the fastest mother board and CPU and memory combo, so i can get FS2K to rock as best as i can get it.......Thanks to all that helps me in my Quest............Edward J.:-wave

Guest KenG

IMHO, building/buying computers is a personal decision that can be very enjoyable and/or very taxing. I try not to give out too much advice, but instead direct people to popular hardware sites that can assist them in making their own, informed decision. General advice would be to get the best you can afford. Concentrate on speed, reliability, quality, and stability. What order you choose for these items is up to you. Once you've read up on what is available, you'll be able to make a good informed choice and will be happy for the process.Check out sites like: www.anandtech.comwww.tomshardware.comwww.hardocp.comThese are just a few sites.BTW, Happy Birthday (and you cannot go wrong with ASUS motherboards ;-))

Thanks, and Thanks Ken................Edward J.

Hey Ed,Happy Birthday!:-yellow1Ken nailed my sentiments exactly. The three sites he named are some that I travel through regularly, and I recommend their reviews on motherboards, video, and technology in general.If your looking to simply replace your mb, processor, and RAM, whatever you do, don

Since you already have plenty of ram i would get a nice up to date ASUS mobo that excepts SDRAM and a high end AMD XP chip.I believe the ASUS A7V133 can do this.I would think with a ASUS A7V133 and a AMD Athlon XP 1600 or 1800 you would have a nice setup.You might not be able to max everything but you could get close.I do not even max everything out with my setup but then again I use 2X FSAA.Remember also you will proboly need a new power supply.I would recommend atleast a 400 watt one.Happy bday and good luck.I got a MSI board with raid options Athlon XP 1600 and 512MB DDR for under $450.Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Thankyou all!So far im lookin at a:Epox 8K3A+ M/BAMD XP 2100PC 2700 DDR ramDid not think of the power supply.... Thanks....Ed

Guest United

had SO much problems with hardware over the years and returned a ton of it before I found the board, ect. that actually worked, I NEVER buy by Mobos by mail. Sure, it limits what you buy, but at least if there is a problem, a fairly quick solution is at hand. I've used IWILL boards from Fry's here in Portland, OR for several years, whether to support an Intel or AMD chip. VERY satisfied with their products. I would be also looking at their website support. I don't know how many times I have had to go to IWILL.NET to look for specs, manuals or BIOS updates and the like.

THAT is the setup you want!!I have the EPOX 8K3A+, 1800XP+ and 512Megs DDR2700 ECC registered memory and cannot say enough good things about it!!You WON'T be disappointed! :-yellow1Grab yourself a 400WATT power supply and you'll be good to go!Carmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool