Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Help with graphics settings for iMac SE

Hello,I am helping my father set up his iMac 600 SE after a harddrive meltdown. He just got it back with a new hard drive and newly loaded OS X (not sure the specific version). I have reloaded FlyII and the .240 patch. It has to be a newer version of OS X cause it will now work in X but the frame rates are awful. I get it running in 9.1 but despite having settings for clear weather it looks like ground fog cause you can basically just see the runway or taxiway beneath you, if you take off you can see a small amount of hazy ground directly underneath, every thing else is white. Don't know how to fix this, any ideas?Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Problem solved. The OS X was version 10.3.4 but that really doesn't matter now. I uninstalled everything, re-installed from the OS 9.1.2 patched to 2.40 and added Jure's clouds/sky, Dale's Ocean, taxiways for CA and OR and ROTW's TBM700. Seems that the original installation into OS X was the problem, it would open from either OS but X just couldn't give usable frame rates. Running at 800x600 seems to work fine now, any higher resolution and the frame rates suffer too much. Well, now if anyone else ever has a similar problem, this is how to fix it.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest ftessler

Glad you got it to work. Running Fly! under OS 9 was always the way to get the best frame rates. Alas, there aren't many Macs that'll boot OS 9 any more!-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator