Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

Radeon 9200 takes me out of the cockpit...

Guest Allan Jones

...at least for Fly! I upgraded to the new PCI Radeon Mac Edition 128MB card recently. The card is doing its job in OSX--X-Plane now runs at higher settings without a rate hit.The problem is two-fold:a) Fly has never worked right from me in OSX--poor rates and little flightstick control:( the Radeon 9200 does not work in OS9 in spite of ATI's claims to the contrary.I had hoped that the massive VRAM of the 9200 would help Fly!, but the lack of OS9 support won;t let me try it. I've spent most of my time in X=Plane, which plays quite nicely with OSX.Thought you would like to know. The most significant system-wide issue with the new card is that its driver set slowed my 2D performance. I've not received any positive ATI response to this issue to date. "Wait for the next driver update."Allan

Guest Allan Jones

UPDATE:A little research turned up the fact that, for the Radeon 9200 to work in OS9, you have to manually delete all ATI extensions from the Extensions folder and then run the installer. The OS9 installer runs from OSX--strange.Have not had time to try FlyII now that the card is recognized, but the real stopper is that I need to generate a custom render.ini file for a 128MB card. It's been a long time since I fiddled with those!Allan