Sign in to follow this  

Debonair GPS problem

Like everyone else who has flown this plane, I'm amazed at how great this freeware is (yep, many, many thanks to the people who built and tested this). It's the smoothest flying plane ever (and just *why* is this?) and I only have one problem: GPS.It doesn't work on my system: the GPS gauge comes up, but it acts like it's dead (like the power's off). I try "pressing" the power button (upper left) with the mouse but it doesn't come on. Is there a trick I'm missing (like RTFM?) or something wrong with my system?

If you are referring to the Garmin,mine doesn't come on either.The fs default one works.I posted a message to Geofa asking him about it.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Kelleym,what GPS are you trying to use ? the freeware included with the Deb or the Reality XP GPS ?

Just the freeware, I assume (it says "Garmin" on it -- very cute).To the other poster: are you saying there's a way I can get the default GPS to come up? Do I need to edit the panel or something? (Is this the time for me to go digging around in the SDKs :>)?

Has anyone mentioned to you: There is a more standardizd GPS on the co-pilot's panel. Hit the Change Over Button to move to the right panel. It looks like a small face as I recall, and is beside the GPS button. At least that is how I am remembering it. Hope this is helpful. And brief up on the Reality radio package I guess to work the Garmin.

Kelley, not sure if I understand your problem, or which GPS, but try this, it helped me. Go to File Library and d/l and install these two gauges and then see if it helps........ (assume you have a "Standard" install) Both of my GPS units worked fine after I put these in the Gauges file............: gmap195.zip and kln90bro.zipGood luck.....Cheers,Nick

The GPS is in the radio stack and it's very nice and works fine.

This seems to be the solution-the gps in the freeware version is by Ike H Slack, Coyote Avionics Design, and I am not sure all the gauges that it uses were included. It is in the avsim library (freeware). I would suggest downloading it and installing it, that should take care of the troubles.The one for the big unit:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=15250The one for the handheld:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=12542http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Thanks, Geofa, that solved it. And thanks again for such a wonderful plane (now my favorite non-amphibian plane).