Sign in to follow this  

Need Help w/ fs2002 please

I'm having a major problem with FS2002....If any of u can help it would be much appreciated.While in Fs2002 in windowed mode maximized, I find that clicking on my windows xp start tab and getting the start menu to come up takes a long time. (30 seconds or more)....My fs2002 runs great I can't complain....But it seems that when I want to run another program while using fs2002 in windowed mode it takes forever for it to load....I can speed up loading, but to do so, I must minimize fs2002 then the other program will load up instantly. (FSmeteo, DF 737-400 FMS, squawkbox, or anyother program that runs with or behind fs2002.)It seems to be the same problem I'm having with the windows start menu....This is becoming extremely frustrating, especially when using dreamfleets 737-400 fms....After loading the panel, it takes an ungodly amount of time to load the fms in the panel. Then once it's loaded Any keypresses I make on the fmc take over 3-6 seconds to react on the cdu keypad?......I don't remember this happening before 3 months ago....Heres my systemAMD 1.3ASUS a7v266e motherboardxtasy 5864 geforce 2 ti200 graphics cardaudigy gamer512 ddr ramwindows xp pro...These are some of the steps I have tried to fix this prob with, but to no avail1. Reinstall fs2002 clean with all other processes off2. Switch video drivers and video cards3. change swap sizes4. change as many sys configs as I new about...5. Tried different bios settings...I am not having problems with the running of fs2002 it runs great....It just seems like it doesn't want to share any system resourses with any other apps.....And like I said it takes forever for the other programs to do anything unless I minimize fs2002 then maximize it....Can someone please help....I have talked to fs2002 support, xp support, video support, motherboard support, and even child support.....LOL just kidding...

Why do you want to run in Window mode? I always run in full screen mode (XP Pro, 2.4 Gz, 1Gig RAM) and just alt-tab when I want to switch or run another program. Is instantaneous and that way I can easily run RSMeteo, Photoshop (for screen captures) or other background processes. Quite honestly, I don't know *why* anyone would want to run FS in a Window mode (screws up the reality, for one thing).Even on my dual monitor setup this works (in the other monitor I'm using displaying Topo USA maps of wherever I'm flying).