Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainJ

Transparant Glass how to make?

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Another question from me!How can I make transparant Glass for the outside model so you can see pilots sitting in the cockpit? I have assigned the window part of the plane beginning with an L to make it transparant but when it shows up in Fly it's more like white and you can't see actually that it is glass. It seems there is no window! So how can I make a glass texture?Cheers

Guest DannyV

Hi,Name the glass part "glasse" and it will be transparent in Fly by default. When you do your internal cockpit for the model, name the glass from the interior "glassi" so you can see out as well. ie. see in through one side and out the other side. Hope this helps...Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Hi Danny,Are there any other nuggets of information like that, in some kind of , well, you know, developer-guide???Best Regards,Brian

Guest DannyV

I recommend (highly by the way) Jean Sabatier's aircraft tutorial available at the SIMVOL (ROTW) website. Go to the Fly 2 -> tutorials and it is at the very bottom of the page ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersTu-154 Project

Hi Danny,I found the link having read evey page of this forum :)But I am not able to open the web page, I keep getting 'site unavailable' ah well, patience...If I can't get to the site in the next week, I might just give up, reformat my 100Gb hard disk, and go back to my Atari ST !Or not.Cheers,Brian

Guest Mgarmy

Brian,ROTW announced that their site is on the move to an other hosting company. They will announce when they are back online which as I understand, should be next week.Mannie

See, I TOLD you I just needed to be patient.Thanks Mannie,Best Regards,Brian