Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doc Parano

Trouble with Terramodels

Guest Doc Parano

HelloSorry but it

Doc,I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, I cannot imagine what the problem might be.I have seen some buildings be off by a few feet (which is understandable), but I have never seen them off as much as those in your pictures.Obviously, the TM coordinate system scaling was incorrect when the buildings were created, or it is incorrect now.I will try and think about it some more, and see if I can come up with something.Allen

Hello Allen,In fact, i had the same problem with LFSR (Reims-Champagne) and LFQA (Reims-Prunay). Is it possible that problem is a french or european problem :-hmmm Cyril

I am it going to try and duplicate the problem this week, so that I can fix it before releasing TM V2.2 (which is currently in beta-testing).I'll post something as soon as I find something out.Thanks guys,Allen

Doc and Cyril,I have tried to duplicate the problem at the airports you mentioned, but could not.Doc....If you could send me the bitmap image and the associated *.GEO file, I can try that. The *.GEO file will have the same name as the bitmap, but with a GEO extension.If I had to guess where the problem was, it would be in the georeferencing of the image somewhere. The *.GEO file contains this georeferencing.Thanks,Allen

Doc and others....The problem seems to be related to the background image, mainly the *.GEO file.If you delete the *.BMP and *.GEO files, then TM 2.1 is in sync with Fly II.TM 2.1 tries to georeference the background image. Obviously, it is doing something wrong.I don't have a fix for this yet, but I will make sure that I fix this problem in the upcoming TM 2.2 (due out in the next couple of weeks).I'm glad that you brought this to my attention now.Thanks,Allen

Guest Doc Parano

Allen bonjour,You

Doc,I think that I have now fixed the problem. The problem shows up whenever the width/height ratio of the image is different from the width/height ratio of the display. The greater the difference, the worse the problem.I am going to rebuild the pending TM 2.2 installer. If you don't mind, I will Email you about testing this version before the official release. The download for the installer is about 13mb.Thanks for all your help,Allen