Sign in to follow this  

What does Fly!II do with aircraft pods on startup?

I'm having a problem with an aircraft I'm developing.On some beta testers' systems, just placing the Aircraft.pod file in the aircraft directory causes Fly!II to crash during startup, even though my aircraft has never been selected. On one system, the gtfo.txt file gives: -Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 77F5215CFile: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Thu Apr 25 10:17:44 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)I'm trying to understand what Fly! might be doing with my pod that could cause it to crash. I guess that it might load the icon art files to make them available for selection, but they're definitely in the pod. Beyond that, I haven't a clue what Fly!'s startup sequence is. Could I be tramping on a filename that exists in another pod? Is there a loading priority scheme between pods?Anyone know? An educated guess even?Eddie

Hi EddieJust a guess (don't know if it's an educated one).Check that you don't have a podded file with the name of an existing one. I wonder which one FLY loads in such a case.RegardsJean

Bonjour Jean,>Check that you don't have a podded file with the name of an >existing one. I wonder which one FLY loads in such a case. Yes I wondered about that. When you create the pod there is a "mount priority" value that you provide. Maybe that's what determines which file is used. I don't know which file might be conflicting though. I'll have another look at the file names I'm using.Best regardsEddie

Just a follow up for those who might be interested.What Fly! was trying to do was load my model as a computer controlled aircraft. I normally run without computer controlled aircraft enabled so I didn't see the problem on my system.Another bug in my model highlighted by this was that, when the system selected multiple copies of my aircraft, I wasn't handling the multiple instances of the subsystems correctly in my dlls.The moral of this story is, if you're testing a new aircraft with custom subsystems, make sure you test it with computer controlled aircraft set to some big number. But then you all knew that anyway!Eddie

Hi Eddie,Thanks for this tip.... I hadn't even thought about it!! I just hope that all the DC10's subsytems are fine as they are. (I don't use computer controlled aircraft either :-)).Cheers,Matthew.