Sign in to follow this  

Adding Bibers models with Terramodels

I guess I played hooky during this class! How do you add Bibers models with Terramodels. They don't appear in the selection. Did I install incorrectly? TAI

TM 2.1x was not designed to handle 3rd Party POD files containing static objects. Some people have got them to work with TM 2.1x, but I cannot remember what exactly they did.I can tell you that TM v2.2 will support 3rd party POD files containing static objects. This is probably the main feature of version 2.2. Biber's POD files will work great with this next version.Right now TM 2.2 is in beta-test. I should be able to release it within the next couple of weeks.Allen

DonH,there was a discussion about this in the past,here is the link;http://www.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/17232.htmlI would recommend waiting for the next release of TM. Allen is a great developer who is always bringing up great solutions. By the way, I think thumbnails function of terramodels is terrific but unfortunately unutilized so far.If an intrepid person volunteers to prepare thumbnails of my Allmodels collection, my models will interact much better with terramodels. This doesn't require much developer background but only some patience...My very best wishes to Allen and to the beta testers of terramodels...Biber

Guest Mgarmy

Hello Allen,Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy using Terramodels. Will the next release also support working in higher screen resolutions without the scenery moving into the white border area of the screen when zooming in?The inclusion of 3rd party POD support will be of great help.Thanks!Mannie

Hi Mannie,Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy using Terramodels. Glad to hear this. It is a pleasure being able to help out other Fly users. It is a very special group of people here.Will the next release also support working in higher screen resolutions without the scenery moving into the white border area of the screen when zooming in?I am not sure that I follow you on this one. Maybe you could explain this further ?Thanks,Allen

Guest Mgarmy

Allen,I like to work with a high screen resolution (1400*1200) so that everything is in view (productivity). Somehow it seems that TM is clipping its worjking area to something like 1024*768. This means that if I need to work or edit an area on the screen I need to first position that area in the upper right corner of the screen which TM recognizes as a working area. This process takes a lot of time espcially if you have to zoom a lot to position your objects. What would also be nice is to have a way to save views so that you can jump easily from one area to another when working on a large scenery.Cheers,Mannie

Mannie,Thanks for clarifying.I will look into these enhancements Mannie. Although they won't be on the next release, which is already packaged for release in the next week or two.Allebn

Guest Mgarmy

Allen,Looking forward to see the new forthcoming release. What can we expect in this new version?Cheers,Mannie

Guest Mgarmy

Allen,This is very good news!I like a lot the

Mannie,Looking forward to your next release which I hope is not related to the next Fly patch.I am now expecting to release TM 2.2 in the next week or so. I needed some time to fix a problem in TM 2.11, recently pointed out by the ROTW group (regarding user-supplied background images).Other than that, I have had the installer ready to go for several weeks now.TM 2.2 will disable some of the features that will require the next Fly II patch. Specifically, this has to do with creating underlying airport textures (which appear beneath the runways and taxiways). Rich did not want the TM 2.2 release to be held up by the next Fly II patch. But, he also did not want to rush the next Fly II patch.If, and when, the next Fly II patch is released, TM 2.2 will automatically unlock some of the disabled features (which are very nice by the way).Cheers,Allen