Sign in to follow this  

aircraft and panel development

I'm wanting to get into FLY!II aircraft and panel development. It appears to me that most of the good ones we see are done using Photoshop and 3D studio. The cost of these programs are outragous, geared toward commercial use.Photoshop 7.0 =$605 retail3D studio = $3,300 retailI might be able to get photoshop (educational version) for $200. Not sure if 3D studio has an educational version out there.Would anybody make any suggestions on obtaining such software or an alternative? I have looked at ebay, yet auctioning can get expensive too. Is there anybody or anyplace that sells older (several years old) versions of such software or any other software alternatives?Any advice would be appreciated.Thank You.CB :-bluegrab

Guest Colins2

CB,Paint Shop Pro is a very good paint program selling for around $75 or so. You can d/l it, try it out and then pay to register it.I don't think it's exactly shareware, but a similar try-before-you-buy product.For 3d modelling, search for zmodeller. I've not used it, but I've heard that it's very good and either shareware or freeware, again, I'm not sure.You can also get Truespace v1.0 for free and Truespace 3.0SE. V3.0SE used to be available from www.pcplus.co.uk in their archives.Anyway, much cheaper alternatives.Colin

Guest dajackman

Have you ever tried installing Linux? There is a GREAT photoshop clone that runs under Linux called The Gimp. It is really awsome, the only graphics app I ever use. Best part it is FREE!! It comes with just about every Linux Disto out there.....Dajackman

Guest Chris Wallace

The Gimp is available for Windows too. www.gimp.orgChris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Bart

You can use Truspace 3.0 and the Fly2 converter that Chris wrote (if that guy writing the tutorial for it would ever finish writing it). If you want to use Truspace 3.0 drop me a note and I can help get ya going. I can send you some meshes for planes and panels I've been working on for you to reference, or the rate I'm getting them done maybe just let you finish them up :).Paintshop Pro can also be used, for panels, textures etc.c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg