Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Fly!2 in general!

Guest Richard Hill

It seems everyone has stopped working on Fly!2 related projects. Nothing new about TerraScene and adding Divided Highway texture, I had sent Todd an email with no response. Also asked him about problem with no water effects, no splash video or audio although texture is right, still no response. Nothing in the works on a new anfibian aircraft, or smaller turboprops. Guess everyone is inspired by FS2002!

Guest Henri W

Richard,The impression I get is quite the contrary of what you feel. I know that there are quite a few things cooking at the moment. Just scan the forums I you will dicover that there are a few wonderful planes coming (P51, ATR42-500, B757-200, B737-500, Fokker 50, Saab 340). And did you miss the incredible Socata TBM700 by ROTW? I do not think there are many FS2002 GA aircraft, if any, that match this quality. Fly!'s aircraft apparently take a lot more to create than their MSFS counterparts. Quality has its prize. Also a lot is happening in the scenery development area. Look at what Pascal just came up with. To be honest, I am not really inspired by FS2002, which does not mean that I deny its excellent points.Cheers,Henri

Guest dajackman

I purchased and installed FS2002. Played with it a little uninstalled it after about an hour. Didn't like feel, the panels are terriable, just seemed too vidio game like. Fly2 is so much better sim than MS. I am starting to tinker around a little developing for Fly2. I don't have much programming expierence but I am going to learn python just for Fly. I'm starting out playing with adding an airport. Once I get it pretty close I will post it.......Dajackman

Guest Richard Hill

I guess for some Heavies are ok but I am not interested in them. CRJ100 in Comair would be nice.The Stearman with floiats has to be the most unstable aircraft I have ever tried, and have yet made a goiod landing. It is harder than a Helo to land...Need a stable Float Plane...Richard;

Hi Richard!">Nothing new about TerraScene and adding Divided Highway texture"It's very easy to do this:Use the "road easement" as road, with road texture (5-10 pixels wide)Draw "road" darker, with another texture, and ONLY 1 or even 0 pixels wide.That's it.Pascal

Guest Dean

Pascal,What a great idea! I'm curious how this will turn out especially on the ramps leading up to the highway. I know I have been able to simulate decent looking railroad tracks by playing with the textures for both rail lines and their easements. I will definitely give this trick a try.

Guest Richard Hill

Pascal;Could you email me a sample of what you are saying!I would like to give it a try if I can ever get this "Flyslice not responding" fixed..richardlhll@wmconnect.comRichard;

Guest Henri W

Richard,I didn't know the P51, ATR42-500, Fokker 50, Saab 340 and Socata TBM 700 were heavies.Henri

Guest Bart

Heya Richard,The amphibs are still being worked on, when I get time to start on them again anyways. I got your e-mail a bit back but haven't been home long enough to get everything together for ya on the 140. Being away for a week or two at a time Fly projects are low on the list when I do get home, to much to catch up on with the family and squeeze in quick flight lesson or two :)c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Richard,I don't find any pict with it in my archives. I did'nt use it yet in the scenery I'm working now. But it works fine, Just open the Line Types Day dialog box, and enter what's in the screens below.Hope you solve your problem.Best Regards!Pascal

Guest Richard Hill

Pascal;Thanks for the response, I at present can not get FlySlice to slice up my TerraScene files. TerraScene goes through all of it's steps, loads FlyEdit Slice proram, but not one file to Fly2 data folder for that tile after several hours. I posted a message here, sent an email to Todd and Fly but nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.1.230 with no sucess. After over 19 tiles with Fly!2 and 40 plus with fly!2k, I just can not understand why it QUIT... If I can not get an answer soon I will put all my scenery and airports on CD and remove Fly!2 6 Gigs of dead space I do not need.Richard