Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

TerraScene Water Mask?????

Guest Richard Hill

If I get the FlySlice Not responding to respond again, what must I do to get the audio and visual effects. Water texture looks right bur no splash sound or visual splash on contact with water only DUST....Richard;

Guest Richard Hill

Ken;Shot from a distance...Lake landing.....Dont know whgy they will not display. Anyway I set water mask Streams and Canals, Lakes and Resivors, and Oceans Bays and Estuaries to solid black, Whe water texture looks right even looks like it is moving while sitting still, but no splash sound or visual effect just dust like I was landing on water.If I can not get the problem of FlySlice starting (then nothing) fixed I guess I do not need to worry about TerraScening any more files anyway.I can'tven get a reply from Todd.If I can't get things to work I guess I will save my Tiles to CD and remove Fly2 untill things start looking up.OH Well nothing new...Richard;

Guest Richard Hill

Ken;Now I am realy lost.. I have Scenery Options Water Effects (ON). Is this what you are refering to?

Guest Ken_Salter

Nope.Each ground tile in Fly! II can be set to a type - ground or water. You are landing on water, but to Fly! II, the ground tile is set to "ground", hence the dust. Kinda weird, right?To change this, use the Ground Type Editor by Elrond (http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=10591). Here is the descirption:"Ground Type Transform is a tool that allows you to view and change the ground type for each ground tile in Fly! II. This can be invaluable when your custom scenery (either generic textured with TerraScene or Satellite/Aerial based) inaccurately lies within a water region within the Fly! II globe. With this tool, your users won't be taxing off the runway and making a big splash! Ground Type Transform can also be used to "paint" generic scenery anywhere throughout the world. Fly! II's generic scenery is made up of 96 different types of land throughout the world. With Ground Type Transform, you can select and "paint" any of the over two hundred and sixty eight million (268,435,456 to be precise) available ground tiles world-wide with any of the 96 varieties of generic textures. These textures include the full gamut of ground types, ranging from "Ice Cracked Glaciers" to "Conifer Boreal Forests" and everything in-between."You need to change the ground type to water.http://www.thesalters.org/images/Avsim_sig_KS.jpg