Sign in to follow this  

Fly2K Newbie: help with patch and Sky.

I only learned about this site a few weeks ago and its been great.I have fly 2 K and recently began to dwld a few planes and that was pretty easy(considering my limited expertise).When I tried to dwld the c-130, I got an error code in trying to play the sim. So I posted elsewhere here and it was suggested that I get the SDK patch. Well I got it this morning and followed instructions, but I still cannot get the SDK patch to dwld correctly. The computer says that setup completed but the 1.01.88 didnt work. Any tips?Also, I tried using SKY which came with the software but get a code with that too.I admit it, I don't know much, but I hope you knowledgeable folk can help me out. Thank you.

anyone PLEASE? I Have all the extracted elements of the SDK patch on my desk top and ran setup , but when I play Fly!2K again, it still shows it as the 1.01.87 version.Please chime in anyone. I searched the site but perhpas I am not using the best seach strings. Thanks again.

Dear Mir...(What's your name?)Which version of the SDK patch did you use..."User" or "Developer"?

Randall Rocke

i dwlded the user's version.thanks, mirrodie.

OK Mirrodie,Let's try some things:--1st, Uninstall the SDK update--Move the C-130 aircraft and all other add-on aircraft you've added to the aircraft directory to a holding area. If any of these require the v.88 update (and many do), you may get errors when installing the patch.--With nothing but the default aircraft in place, reinstall the SDK 1.01.88 Patch--If you get a good install and the version now reads correctly, move the new aircraft back into the Aircraft directory.If these steps don't work, uninstall the patch and move the new aircraft out again. Then download the more advanced version of the patch: the SDK 1.01.88 "Developer" Update. For some people, this has been the more stable version, even if they never use the developer tools.Good luck - once you are at the v.88 level, the aircraft and utilities you can add make this a fantastic sim!

Randall Rocke

dumb question #2, how do I uninstall it? THere's no icon to uninstall!

If any part of the SDK installed, you should find it listed in the Add/Remove Programs window as Fly! SDK Release in the Control Panel. Select it and choose Remove. If it's not there, then it was never installed, or never finished its installation.In that case make certain that all the new aircraft are removed from Fly! and try a reinstall. Make certain that there are no other programs running before you install. If you are running any of the standard Windows OS, turn off everything except Explorer and Systray before you install. If it appears you have a successful install, reboot the system before you start Fly!

Randall Rocke

still no good. I pulled out all the plane epd's and stopped running everyting so it was only windows. still cant figure it out. i dwnloaded the4 developers version to no avail.

I don't know what's interfering, but it looks like you need to start clean (make sure no background programs are running when you reinstall):1. Save or set aside all extra aircraft, sceneries, Fly.ini, Render.ini, VCF files, etc.2. Uninstall Fly! 2K completely - be sure to delete the Fly! 2K directory after the uninstall.3. Reinstall Fly! 2K4. Install Ground Control5. Install the SDK 1.01.88 Patch6. Install Sky! SE7. Reinstall aircraft, sceneries etc.8. Reset your ini files, VCF, etc.

Randall Rocke