Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

CTD with TM2.2

Guest Dean

Allen,After installing TM2.2 I experience a CTD in the Fly editor everytime I click on the icon to place an object. I'm running version 233 and never had this before. Could this be caused by the TM2.mlf?

Guest Dean

I just tried removing TM2.mlf and the CTD went away.

Guest Dean

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need the TM2.2 for Terramodels to work properly or am I going to have to move the file in and out when I plan on using the editor for scenery objects?

DeanI have the same thing happen to me.Something else that has happened, if I delete a model using the Fly editor I lose all the TM data files.Luckily I had saved copies of them.

Guest Hagar

I`ve had this problem. Suddenly Fly2 crashed to desktop on startup. Waisted a lot of time looking for bugs in my scenery pods, but no. Then I found a TM2.mlf in Fly2Data, with a newer file date than the one in the TM22 folder. I took a chance and deleted it, CTD problem solved.Recently I had a "crash" after using the Fly editor to adjust some models originally placed with TM. When I got back in TM, those models were far off their position. Wont`t touch the Sly editor again :)Also, when podding first time with TM22, it suddenly asked for a response file, so I had to make it first.On another occasion, I saw that some newly changed models were not changed in the final pod. Solved it by making a new response file, and re-podded the scenery.Scenery development can be scary...

Guest Dean

>Then I found a TM2.mlf in Fly2Data, with a newer file date >than the one in the TM22 folder. I took a chance and deleted >it, CTD problem solved. When I moved the TM2 file out of the data directory, TM didn't work properly.

Also, when podding first time with TM22, it suddenly asked for a response file, so I had to make it first.Andrew, I can also confirm this problem. I can see it causing problems for people. Hopefully, they will figure it out though.Allen

Dean,The TM2.MLF compatibility problem with the Fly II editor, occurred in previous version of TM. With TM 2.2, it no longer happens to me.Is it possible that you have an older version of Tm2.MLF in your DATA directory ?Previously, I believe the TM2.MLF file had a line item that was too long for the Fly II editor. This would cause the Editor to lock up.Thanks,Allen

Guest Hagar

Hi Allen,Thanks for the confirmation ! It`s not a big deal, as long as I always make the response file before podding everything is fine.I cannot remember if the TM2.mlf file in the Data directory werefrom an older version of TM, but after I removed it the problem went away. Why is the TM2.mlf installed in both Fly2Data and TM2 ? Is it in order to find the models from both Fly2 and TM2 ? Now and then, suddenly some of the tifs in FlyArt have new attributes. If i correct the attributes back to "Photoshop image", the file size is suddenly wrong, and I get a warning from Fly saying "Wrong Compression" or something like that. Maybe there is a little problem having two sets of Art and Models folders ? I can tell you more about long filenames: One of Vin`s custom models I use had a name containing 10 letters. Everytime I podded manually with the editor, it put im some gibberish after the model filenamein the scf, and Fly2 would crash at startup. I renamed the model and tif with a six-letter name and the problem was gone.

Why is the TM2.mlf installed in both Fly2Data and TM2 ?The installer puts several files in the TM2 folder during installation, which are later copied to the FLY2 directory after TM 2.2 is executed for the first time. The installer does not know the location of the Fly2 directory during installation. That is why I have TM 2.2 copy the files over to the Fly2 directory later (because TM does know the location of the Fly2 path).TM 2.1 had a two-part installation process. I was trying to avoid this in TM 2.2.Allen

Guest Hagar

Hi Allen,Thanks for enlightening me :)I`m afraid I have to ask you another question: Why is suddenly Bibers planes (from Biberall) turned 180 degrees ? Is it because I imported an old airport into TM22 and didn`t have all the TM "points" files backed up ? (I always back up TM too when a project is finished, but forgot this one...)

The POINTS files are only used to define the boundaries of irregular shaped objects in TM (i.e. trees, ground polygons).The object rotations are defined in the scenery definition files (in the DATA folder).I am not sure why the models are rotated ? At one time, I had several people request that the models should be rotated 180 degrees the other way in TM. Perhaps I slipped this change into TM 2.2 without documenting it. Although, I don't remember doing this.Allen

Guest Hagar

Allen,My experience with the 180 deg. offset happened first time in TM22.But it could be because my two sceneries (ENBR and ENCN) was imported from TM21 and older. I`m beginning to understand, maybe you fixed that problem in TM21, and therefore my models are rotated once again in TM22. No problem anyway, I can live with that :)I have not started on a fresh TM22 scenery yet, but soon. I`m just back from ENCN, had a nice car ride on the runway there, in order to get the taxiway signs right ! Made my notes in the takeoff turbulence from a F28...So, soon I`ll start on a fresh one, ENLI. I will get back to you again regarding the outcome of the rotation.Thanks for the help so far, bugs or not I could not live happily without Terramodels !And sometimes I`m the bug, I know :)

Guest Dean

>Dean, >>The TM2.MLF compatibility problem with the Fly II editor, >occurred in previous version of TM. With TM 2.2, it no >longer happens to me. >>Is it possible that you have an older version of Tm2.MLF in >your DATA directory ? Allen,I don't recall seeing TM2.MLF in my data folder. Since I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Fly after 235 I'll never know for sure so I'll reload TM 2.2 and see what happens.

>Allen, >>After installing TM2.2 I experience a CTD in the Fly editor >everytime I click on the icon to place an object. I'm >running version 233 and never had this before. Could this be >caused by the TM2.mlf? I see that you say you are running version 233. ver 233 what FlyII, Editor? Maybe Im behind times is there a version update that I didnt know about? TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 28.32ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP