Sign in to follow this  

TM22 and Fly editor Fly2

After almost 3 nights working in my local aiport with terramodels and saving the project almost everty time, I change to Fly editor to adjust some models and place one of the Bibber model and suddenly runtime execption came up and all Project dissapered, I couldn't find any rest of the SCF file I checked the project folder in TM and nothing was there even the text file is gone, so I have to rebuild everything again I presuming that Fly editor is not compatible with TM.rgds to allCesar

Cesar I have also found that TM2.2 is not compatible with the Fly editor.I haven

Tks MecoI was saving everytime that I place a object so I cannot understand where they go, To my understanding the problem with Fly editor was fixed with TM2.2 but it seems that problem continue, anyway I will start again and making backup of of all file.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Cesar,I have had no problems with TM Version 2.2 and the Fly II Editor.However, I have lost scenery with the editor before. As a result, I always backup my scenery files before using the Editor.Also, there was a problem with TM Version 2.0 wiping out scenery files when a certain sequence of operations was performed. The problem was fixed in TM Version 2.1 (or 2.11).I have heard of no problem with people losing sceneries since version 2.11 was released. I have created 20+ sceneries with TM 2.2 and have had no problems.Be careful with the Fly II Editor though. If it crashes while saving, it can delete your scenery files.Allen

Dear AllenTks again for your support , sorry for my late reply, Can I ask you one thing in the process of creating scenery what file should I backup in order to keep the files, I use to check within Fly how my scenery is going I think that in that process Fly delete my scenery.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Cesar, The easiest way to find the files to be backed up is to use the windows file search utility.For example, if you were doing scenery for EWR, you would look for all files in the DATA directory beginning with TM_EWR. You should backup all the files that are found.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cf3a5c457bd4c94.jpgFor restoration purposes, you should save the "In Folder" path in case you need to restore them later.Allen

Tks again for your kind support. I'll keep that tips in mind all the time.b.rgdsCesar