Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Pilot-Controlled Lighting Settings?

I am finishing up a missing airport for Fly!II - it's the first airport I'll be placing that has pilot-controlled lighting. I took a "guess" as to the DB settings, but so far it's no joy. Does anyone have experience with the appropriate settings?Here's what I've tried so far:1) Set up Unicom in COM to allow for radio activation2) Airport.DBD - Set Airport Lighting Control=8 (Radio Controlled)3. Runway.DBD - Runway Light System=6 (Medium Intensity Edge)4. Runway.DBD - Runway Pilot Controlled Lighting=1 (Yes)I fired up the sim and transported to the airport. With the above settings, I get no lighting at all: set Unicom in the COM radio and tapped the Backspace Key (Mic) 5 times...NadaI changed the time to dusk and tapped the mic switch again...NadaI went back into the DB, turned off item 2. Now the lights come on at dusk but still no response to the radio.Does this feature not work in Fly!II or am I missing a setting here? :-roll

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall I emailed you on the above. Dan

Guest Mgarmy

Dan,If you have a solution for this I would appreciate if you could share this with me. I have been trying to get this to work a while ago and let it go as I was not able to get it to work..Best,Mannie

Guest DannyV

How about posting the solution here on the developers forum???Cheers,Danny

Folks, here's what Dan shared. Apparently there was a bug in the pilot-activated lighting (you had to cycle back 1/2 hour in time, then forward 1/2 to get a response). Dan thought this was corrected, but it may be broken again. Before I go and make any pronouncements about what works and what doesn't, we'll be running some tests and checking out the new builds in the beta group. I'll post back here in a few days.

Randall Rocke