Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

TM2.2 Object Placement issue

All,I've uploaded Shannon before I really tested it extensively. I'm in the process of modifying it to lower the poly's and other things.When I try to change the Object Placement Properties from NORMAL to COMPLEX, this change will not save. I have quite a few Salsa models that I'd like to have come on when COMPLEX scenery is chosen, but not under NORMAL.Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Guest nycflyer

Are you trying to change it in the FlyII editor or TM?There's also a way to do it by modifying the scenery files themselves...-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32

Hi Scott.Within TM2. And it's not just the 3rd party modules. Buildings that I do not want to come up in NORMAL still come up anyway. When I went back into TM2, I made the change on a building from NORMAL to COMPLEX, saved the project, went back in and saw that the properties were back to NORMAL.BTW, I cannot wait to use your EWR. I fly for a VA that flies out of EWR and created SHANNON to utilize the new PMDG 757 to build my 757 time. Ain't life grand! :)Thanks.

Jim, It is possible that there is a problem changing from NORMAL to COMPLEX. I am not sure that this has ever been tested thoroughly. However, you give a good reason for using it.As was suggested by Scott, you might try editing the scenery file yourself. I believe that all predefined objects placed with TM (including Biber's models), are defined in the scenery files ending with "U.Sxx". All you have to do is change the '' value from 3 to 5 for each item.If you need more information on this, let me know here.Allen

Scott and Allen,Manually editing did the trick. Pretty awesome too.Thanks for your help!