Sign in to follow this  

FLY2 Crash

When I hodl down CTRL while fly is first loading it crashes and the error diag says:Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 06861979File: WINRUN.CPP line 152Time: Mon May 27 23:35:28 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)Any idea's or other ways to get the model editor to load?J

Guest Dean

What version of Fly II are you running? I seem to remember this happening with a version earlier than the current version 230.

Verson 2.0.210. Is there another update or something?Justin

Guest Dean

Yes, there is an update to version 2.0.230 in the library that will correct the problem you have and so many other issues it will seem like a brand new sim. Look in the patches section of the Fly II library.

My fly2 still is crashing when I hold down CTRL during it;s loading. I updated to 2.1.230 which seems to eb the latest patch to what I could find. Any more idea's? It is the same error message.J

Guest Dean

I'm running out of ideas. How did you get to version 2.1.210 before the 230 patch? Are you using the European release which is 2.1.210 or did you patch the US version to 210? You might also check and see what version of DirectX your running. I believe fly II comes with 8.0 but 8.1 is probably a better choice. Not sure if that could be the problem or not. I know I had the same crash at one time but one of the updates I've done eliminated it.

Does anyone know where the files are in the FLY2 directory if so maybe just send me the editor? I e-mailed TRI about this issue and hopefully they will respond for meJustin

Nothing has been modified. Im goign to try it on my other computer (a slow 450mhz) and leave it without any patchs and experment.Justin

I also have a 450Mgz, but for some reason I can

Problem fixed. I guess the "fly update" patchs are duds. I just used the 152to210 then 210-230 and it works great. I was doing the "fly update 1,2,3a,4" which makes it disapeer. Justin