Sign in to follow this  

Heathrow

Heathrow UK is on a field/trees/town. Obviously they got somethig wrong. But how I add taxiway, because there is none.Only buildings, and runways. Just need to add taxiway (unles it is there but mysteriously not showing).Bit annoying how they seemed to bodge up my home country.

GazzI think I see what mean. :-hmmmI would have to say that you are new to Fly II. There are many additions for Fly! and Fly II in the library here. You might want to take a look at what is there. :-walksmileAnyway you can go to the link and find what you are looking for.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/index.php?Cat...2Scen&Sort=Name:-wave

Cheers, that was good help. Found some stuff for heathrow and gatwick :) Just what I needed, cheers.And yes I am new, this is some serious flight sim :( All i had to prepare me for this was about 10 goes on MSFS (over a period of about 5 years) and Flight Unlimited II (which don't work with nVidia, so got Fly! II).Only downside to this sim, is lack of AI :( Do you really think you'd be the only aircraft at San Fransisco Intl. ?

I got EGLL_0422 and EGLL_0423.. but it doesn't work. If i transport there I et an error. Could not find file TMS***.RAW. Don't rmember exact number. I seem to get a lot of this bullsh*t. With aircraft repaints as well :/Doing my head in, slowly, but surely.

Ah ah. I have build .230, and it came with Biber's models, but I do not have Terramodels Scenery packs.. that I know of... installed. Where may I find them?Unless you mean the Scenery CD that came with the game (had Paris, Washington, etc... on it)

Guest Hagar

If you are going to download a lot of scenery, you`ll need both TM21_256.pod (or TM21_128.pod for 128x128 textures), and Biberall.pod in your Fly2/Scenery/Shared folder. They are best found in the library by searching for the "filename".zip...Also check your fly.ini, and see that searchpodfilesfirst=0.Regarding scenery I only use podded stuff. Don`t like to fill up the Art/Data/Models folders, sooner or later it will be a horrible mess...Btw, link to Terramodels here: http://www.avsim.com/terramodels/

GazzFirst of all I want to welcome you to Fly II.One thing about Fly is that you sometime need

Cheers for the advice and warm welcome mate :) But even thogh I am new to Fly! I ain't new to computers. I know what I'm doing, and yes i did read the readme :)I think its searching for something within the pod files. And I downloaded everything that it said was required.I will try again now with terramodels download, but I doubt it will work :/ Also the aircraft repaints are all EPD (tho the readme says its a POD file :/).I'm happy(ish) with Fly! II. Its very good and all, but the laziness on the UK airports is annoying, and having to d/l all these patches just to get it up to my standard. However for

Gazz,The original Fly! variants used a "pod" file whose suffix was .EPD. These .EPD files were also called pods because of the way they encapsulated multiple files into one.The Fly!II pod file is a .POD. Both file types are indeed pod files, but there are differences. Some older .EPD files are compatible with Fly!II, but not all of them. No .POD file will function in earlier versions of Fly!, only Fly!II.

Randall Rocke

Ok thanks mate, I think I'm getting the whole picture now and everything is comming together. I got Heathrow to work, and 'some' repaints, but I think I know how to get others to work :)----