Sign in to follow this  

Error slicing textures with flyII editor

Can anyone help me with this one?I have the European version of FLYII and have updated with all patches (Update 4 and the unsupported exe update)Whenever I try to load a texture image with the inbuilt scenery slicer it gets as far as the first stage (creating a bunch of ACT and RAW files) but then crashes with an error (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at address something or other, Winrun.cpp, line 152).Before you ask, I am using targa 24-bit uncompressed textures. I have tried both with my own texture files, and files created by Terrascene.Has anyone had this problem and solved it?Thanks for any helpBen

Guest Colins2

Ben,Can we have a bit more detail?How much RAM, how much free hd space and which tile are you trying to render.Are you trying to slice and pod from TS?Does it crash if you just slice and don't pod?Does the log file that the slicer creates tell you where it stopped?It's in the Fly!2 root directory, called slicelog.txt.Colin

> Can we have a bit more detail?> How much RAM, how much free hd space and which tile are you trying to render.I have 512MB RAM and 10GB or so of free HD space. Have tried various tiles in Europe and N America, including whole globe tiles and smaller pieces of tiles.> Are you trying to slice and pod from TS?No - I guess it is impossible to do this with later versions of FlyII since the scenery editor is built into the main program (there is no flyeditor.exe or whatever it is called for TS to launch)> Does it crash if you just slice and don't pod?Yes. I have tried with all possible combinations, slicing +/- elevations +/- keep existing textures +/- distance textures +/- create pod. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Fly.> Does the log file that the slicer creates tell you where it stopped?> It's in the Fly!2 root directory, called slicelog.txt.Good tip - I didn't know about this (I am on a different computer right now and can't check).Ben

Guest Colins2

Hi Ben,Well, obviously ram and HD space aren't a problem.I forgot to ask what version of Fly! you are running?What patch level are you at?You need to get the patch to take you up to version 230, that has fixed a lot of the scenery bugs and also you will get another slicer.Rich made a slicer that TerraScene can launch when it has finished rendering.As you didn't mention that, what version of TS are you running?(2.1 is the latest version).Colin