Sign in to follow this  

POD Files

Hello there, This may have been brought up before, I am not sure, and I got bored searching the Fly! Forums via the search feature. Here is the question; How do I put files into a POD? Pete Sterling suggested POD Explorer, does anyone know where I can find this program? Thanks,

Hmmmm - maybe there's a new program out, but he may be referring to POD Creator, which you'll find in the file library. Also available is a File2Txt program.As I understand it, both of these programs create a Response File (a special text file with all of the stuff in it you want to pod). Then you would use Fly!II's built-in file manager and choose the Make a Pod from a Response File option.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

To get to the File Manager hold the CTRL key down while loading the Fly! program. Then choose option 4 on the menu and type in your response file name. ___.rsp. That's it, then press "OK" several times and then "Go For It". When finished press ESC twice to get out of the program.

Sorry Randall, ;)File2Txt only create a response file to be used with Fly, BUT PODCreator also create POD without needing use of Fly!. You can use PODCreator for aircraft and sceneries but not for database POD such as airport or runway which need deximport : PODCreator doesn't create index.DidierAuthor of PODCreator and VolEdithttp://www.simvol.org/fly/Logos/logodidier.jpg

Didier,I'm guessing PODCreator would also be a great help in podding a large amount of taxiways!

Randall Rocke