Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Allen, help with this....

Guest tonyc

How do I align the runways with the taxiways? I hope that it's not in the manual. I looked and gave up. thanks in advance. This is Phoenix, and this is the way the image came up. This is the default scenery.tony

Tony,Select "Adjust Taxiway Positioning" under the "Edit" menu. I do not remember if it is in the manual or not.This is only for visual purposes in TM. It will not actually modify the taxiway positions. I assume that the taxiways look fine in Fly2, but are off in TM. Correct ?Allen

Guest tonyc

that's correct, Allen. Thanks again.tony

Tony,Looks suspiciously like KPHX...LOL...I'm working on a "better than nothing" version (won't have perfectly accurate BMPs for all the buildings) but it's reasonably accurate. At least, I haven't seen any of the SB multiplayer planes taxi through a building yet.

Guest tonyc

You've been following me(;-)), Kurt. That's right. I want to liven up Las Vegas and Phoenix in anticipation of my flight under AWVA. Does anyone know how to manipulate very small objects, such as the jetways, under TM2.2? They are too small to figure out which side is correct. The problem with FLY2 editor is that it does not place its objects in the same folder that TM22 places them. In sum, one does not recognize the other with respect to object placement. Am I wrong?tony

Tony,It takes some playing with the objects to figure out what direction they're pointing. For your flight from Vegas to Phoenix, I've got some scenery for both I'll be happy to send.The idea is to build a Fly! scenery library for AWVA.

Guest tonyc

Why not upload them to Avism? It might be easier than e-mail. But if yo want to e-mail them to me, that's fine. I intend to do a trial flight tonight on PMDG's 757 and fsbuild with my autometar. In case you're not familiar with autometar, it's a script I wrote that automatically loads metar files into an adventure, which is a flight plan created by fsbuild. So, I download realweather with infometar and the flight plan automatically loads the weather with autometar.tony

Tony,If you place objects with TM 2.2, and align them later with the Fly2 Editor, then everything should be just fine.If you add new objects with the Fly2 Editor, then TM will not recognize them later. In short, if you only use the Editor for aligning TM positioned objects, then you should be fine. You should backup your scenery files in the DATA folder first though (I have seen the Editor wipe out a scenery once or twice).When dealing with small TM objects, try zooming in as far as you can.Also remember to catalogue any new POD files containing objects (i.e. Biber's models, etc). The only real time that I have had to use the Editor, was when trying to place jetbridges against an irregular shaped terminal object created outside of TM (TM displayes it as a square).Allen

Tony,Once they're done, I will upload them to AvSim. KSAN is almost done, and KPHX is next. KLAS is third...

Guest tonyc

good for you to mention this, because I was having trouble dealing with basic models such as airplanes and jetways. thanks.tony