Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Request for DCA/IAD taxiways and buildings

Anyone considering using TerraModels to create DCA and IAD? The default DCA taxiways are screwed up as well, so even if someone could issue a taxiway patch for DCA it'll be helpful. But more realistic buildings there, and terminals at IAD would be great.Any takers?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

You can cheat.I download an image using TM.Allen, made it so it

I've not yet used TM. Is this process easy? If so, can you give the taxiways at DCA a shot? Post your results to the forum? Everyone will be appreciative, I'm sure, since the taxiways are currently corrupted at DCA.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

I have created taxiways for DCA and can upload those if someone would like to have them.I am also working on placing buildings for DCA, however, I have a problem in that I cannot get rid of the default buildings. Any advice on how I can get those buildings out of the program would be of great help.Keep FLYing

Guest nycflyer

Eagle,The reason you can't move or get rid of the existing modeling is because it's in cities.pod. I had the same issue with NYC, so I unpodded the cities.pod, removed the corresponding scenery files, annd repodded as cities_no_NY.pod, preserving other generic TRI scenery. You can remove cities.pod or my cities_no_NY.pod, and there will not be any default buildings at DCA.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Eagle

Thanks Scott I will give it a try tonight.Any idea on how I can add concrete pads in front of the buildings?

Eagle:Please do post the taxiway updates. That'll be a good start. If you do edit the "cities" file, consider using Scott's file (the one he already edited to exclude NY) so that users can enjoy both Scott's excellent NYC scenery (which has a custom LGA) and your additional DCA buildings.Looking forward to this airport update and your taxiways.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

Scott - I cannot find your file under FlyII Scenery. Perhaps I am in the wrong directory? I tried finding it under your name - no results.Help!!!!

Guest Eagle

dkohl - After further checking I find that the taxiways run through some of the default buildings at DCA and that creates a problem if I upload them. If I can resolve the building problem I can have everything in the library by the end of this week.Keep FLYing

Guest Eagle

Thanks Scott for pointing me in the right direction. If you have no objection I would like to use your cities_no_nyc.pod for the DC scenery.I downloaded the entire NYC file as I did not have it.Thanks again,

Waiting patiently - no rush. Thanks much on behalf of the entire community.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

Wayne,I emailed you a modified cities pod with NYC and DC airport scenery removed. -----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Eagle

Thanks Scott you have saved me a lot of time. Everything works great and I should be able to have the DCA airport up by this weekend. Let me make sure I understand what to do as far as instructions. If a person has the New York scenery they can leave the ScottsNYC_v1.pod in the scenery/shared directory. They should remove the cities_noNYC.pod in the scenery/shared directory and replace it with cities_noNY_noDC.pod. I want to be sure that your NYC scenery will still show for those that have the file. Again, my sincere thanks to you for the help you have given me.Keep FLYing